02/24/15 - Game Of Thrones Artists On Crowfall

Discussion in 'Games to Watch News' started by Crowfall, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Crowfall New Member

This morning, we are pleased to release Crowfall concept art created by two of the most well-known "Game of Thrones" artists in the world.

Marc Simonetti is a concept artist (and book cover illustrator) known for his work on the "Song of Ice and Fire" novels and calendar.
    He is also strongly featured in "The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin, Elio Garcia and Linda Antonsson.

Speaking on Marc's work -- specifically on his concept of the Iron Throne of Westeros -- GRRM has this to say: "Marc has come closer to capturing the Iron Throne as I picture it than any other artist to tackle it. From now on, THIS will be the reference I give to every other artist tackling a throne room scene."

You can see more of Marc's digital portfolio here:

Marc created a series of images for Crowfall, the first one of which we are releasing this morning.

[​IMG]

This fantastic scene depicts a handful of our characters -- a Legionnaire, Druid, Ranger and Templar -- facing down the final moments of a Campaign in the Dying Worlds.

"The game already looks really cool, and as a player I can't wait to play it," Mark said about Crowfall. "As an artist, it's really fun and exciting to be a part of this awesome project."

Additionally, we are happy to present you with a second piece:

Mike S. Miller is a comic book illustrator known for his work on the "Hedge Knight" comic book series. For those unaware, the Hedge Knight is an adaptation of a series of novellas written by George R.R. Martin, and is set in Westeros roughly 90 before the start of the Song of Ice and Fire series.

As with Marc, we asked Mike to conjure up a unique image -- in his own style -- that made placed our characters "in media res" facing a challenge in the Crowfall universe.

[​IMG]

The result is this stunning image of a Knight and Frostweaver standing against a Gryphon in Fall. The creature is almost -- but not quite -- yet taken by the Hunger, and things look grim for our Crows.

More of Mike S. Miller's GoT art can be found on his website, here:

Mike S. Miller had this to say about the project: "I was very excited to be asked to help out on Todd's latest adventure! I'm sure Crowfall is going to be a huge hit, and I can be proud to say I was some small part of setting the visual style."

Enjoy!

ps. if you enjoy these images, let us know! The idea of collaborating with other artists was a bit of an experiment -- one that we think really paid off! If you guys agree, we'll do more of them. Marc and Mike are open to creating more pieces -- and we would love to work with other well-known artists, too. Let us know what you think!

Continue reading...

2. That's pretty slick. Sounds like game of thrones are fans :)