5.4 LIVE Crafting recipes planning

Discussion in 'Crowfall' started by qberto, Jan 7, 2018.

1. qberto Crowfall Leadership

5.4 is today. There will be a skill wipe.

1. Rune- covered
    2. Alchemy - covered
    3. Wood - covered
    4. Blacksmithing - @qberto
    5. Leatherworking - @PaleOne @Asim
    6. Jewelcrafting - @Xpade
    7. Stonecrafting - @Ren
    8. Necro - @Piikaa

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. Ren Elder

I'm working on Stonemasonry. Already have the first set of recipes unlocked.

qberto likes this.
  3. Piikaa Warlord

I'll train Leatherworking and can train another on Pkaoo, suggestions?

qberto likes this.
  4. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

I'm fairly certain they plan on wiping skills every minor patch release. Do you even have time to advance to those higher tiers?

5. qberto Crowfall Leadership

Although the skills on 5.4 test are bugged, they didn't wipe progress. If we don't commit to progressing into all recipes now, we won't have any advanced gear in 5.4 live.

Edit - Looks like they fixed the skill bug. You can now train on test again.

Here is my skill tree on test which shows my progress in Blacksmithing. I think they also made the time bank larger as I had 2+ days on my time bank. This will make it easier to keep progress up.

blacksmithing.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  6. qberto Crowfall Leadership

I know pale is going into runemaking but it's so important to have advanced tools we could always use another!

7. Ren Elder

A temp fix for lack of VIP will be to increase the timebank pool. It will also help reduce micromanagement for a non-release test environ.

8. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

I am training runemaking.. I’m pretty far on both servers.

There are so many things we need.

Leather working
    Alchemy
    Necromancy

9. Xpade Crowfall Leadership

I was torn between jewel crafting and rune crafting... but i'm still on 5.3. Do my skills transfer into 5.4 when it goes to live, or does everything reset at 5.4 launch?

I was also considering foregoing the crafting.... and getting exploration and going the mining route. Being a guine gives racial passives for it and I have been playing with a group where we mine the lvl 10s and use guines as mules to transport materials to safe banks.

10. qberto Crowfall Leadership

Live is 5.34 for everyone. You can train your skills now and it should carry over to the next patch.

At launch we will have dedicated assigned crafters and everyone else will be combat or combat/ gathering if they have VIP. There isn't really a great need for gathering/exploration in testing. So I would recommend just training combat. Only volunteer for crafting if you are willing to actually make stuff for other people otherwise it's just a waste of skill points for you.

11. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

What we need most is
    Runecrafting (ME) for harvesting tools
    Blacksmithing for metal weapons and metal armour (qberto)
    Woodworking for Bows and Staves
    Leathercrafting for leather armour
    Alchemy for potions and probably poisons
    Necromancy for vessels

Jewel crafting isn't turned on yet.

12. qberto Crowfall Leadership

We really need a woodworker!

13. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

Bows are much more important now that almost everyone can use one!

14. Asim Crowfall Tester

I can do woodworking. He is trained as far as possible since 5.3 went up on Live. I have not used him in a while but he should have 8 pips, although I think 4 of them go away in 5.4.

qberto likes this.
  15. qberto Crowfall Leadership

Please edit your posts and update me on your progress guys! We also need an alchemist!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  16. Xpade Crowfall Leadership

Alchemist falls in the elf/fae classes right,? Or was it human? Sorry bored on the bus
    I know my guine is a stone/ore racial class and jewelry, monsters do skinning and such, humans if I recall were stone/metal and construction types.

17. qberto Crowfall Leadership

Well, we don't need to min max racial choices to crafting disciplines until launch. Everything is subject to change anyways. Plus you may decide to play a different class or race depending on pre-alpha changes. We just need to make sure all crafting disciplines are covered so we can have advanced weapons and armor for 5.4 live lol. We will have a full crafting strategy closer to the soft launch when everything will likely be wiped. Runecrafting is covered by pale/piikaa and jewelcrafting isn't functional yet. Since you are actively testing, it would be really helpful if you could go into alchemy so that you can make potions for yourself and the guild when 5.4 launches!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  18. Ren Elder

BTW in the last Q&A they said there will be skill caps with multiple routes to those caps, so to be a maxed-out crafter you don't necessarily have to take the associated racial bonus. (Of course taking that race gives you more options, and perhaps a quicker ramp up.)

19. Xpade Crowfall Leadership

Works for me. I've already gone up the PIP/% tree as they share a chain. It wouldn't take too much for me to shift to it or double down.. on that 2nd account I have. That way.. once live, and eventually VIP, I can do alchemy and Runecraft.

qberto likes this.
  20. qberto Crowfall Leadership

So advanced recipes are still bugged on 5.42 test

As you can see I have intermediate advanced weapon training on 5.42 test

recipes.jpg

Unfortunately, I still only have access to basic crafting and cooking and the free pre-alpha discipline test recipes. I still have Pale's advanced weapon from 5.3 on test.
    weapon.jpg

What does this mean? This means that unless they fix recipe training or unless they give us back free recipes in 5.4 (unlikely) it will be impossible to get advanced gear.

I doubt that they will launch 5.4 on friday on live with the current crafting issues. I expect them to launch another 5.3x campaign.
    However just in case, I would prioritize banking
    Advanced weapons and armor
    Advanced tools!!!
    Crafting potions!!!
    Gathering flasks

If you haven't played much in this current patch, it may be difficult to craft multiple copies of advanced weapons. However, advanced tools will go a long way to helping you gather in the next patch. Crafting potions are also extremely useful for our crafters and are relatively easy to make. I would try to bank as much of these as possible.