Albion Online

Discussion in 'MMORPG and CORPG Gaming Discussions' started by Philoctetes, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Tragedy Lord

WoW in 2016...lul.
    j/k, Legion looks fun.
    I hiked Acadia over the summer, was awesome.

If I buy founders pack right now, how long before I'm PvPing?
    Which founders pack do you recommend? Is the $99 worth?

2. Jbigg Jay Biguos

The 100 dollar is not worth it in my opinion. You get some horses/oxes right away that will give you an edge at the start though. I honestly don't know what it would take a new player to get up and running, the fastest way would be jsut to farm the mobs until you reach tier 4, no gathering no crafting, just buying from auction house. Once you are tier 4 you can PVP, I really don't know what the beta population is like currently, its a very grindy game that punishes solo players so you would want to try to group up with a guild or something.

3. Hawthorne New Member

Hi guys Hawthorne from the Regulators dropping by! What's the guild status? Reach out to me in game? Hawthorn3, or @ www.theregulators.org

Later!!!
    Hawthorne

4. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

I'm 99% certain we don't have an active guild in the beta.

Once the game is closer to a real release date, and not an endless beta, we'll start thinking about it again.

5. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

There is only a handful playing the betas - not enough people to need a guild atm.

Like Phil said - once we get closer we'll assess the situation - maybe @Tragedy wants to run it :)

The feedback has not been stellar though - so I'm not sure how large of a group we'll have playing.

That greatly depends on what else is out though - some games are successful from lack of market competition - since gamers are like heroin addicts and need their fix!

We're watching it progress but our big targets for next year will be Crowfall and Camelot Unchained.

6. Jbigg Jay Biguos

It would be very hard to form a chapter in this game, I think a small solid 10man core is really all you could shoot for.

From the forum talk I have heard I would assess that I am the only player to my knowledge from Lotd that has any time invested to actually get a taste of the pvp roaming and beyond 24 hours of in game time, and even that has completely changed with the last beta as red zones currently are way more empty with less poi's.

If you want to compete in this game you need a solid core of gamers. Like 50 plus, that enjoy this niche style of game. There are plenty of pvp nuts that just won't like the game design elements.

This would be like a dark fall unholy wars effort where we join another guild. Anyone who has shown interest so far hasn't really even gotten to tier 4 gear which is where the game starts.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  7. Tragedy Lord

I played the beta a shit ton over the weekend. The thrills and feels from PvP are legit, imo

No thanks.

8. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Did you find a group to pvp with? From what I experienced in the newest beta was the red zone emptiness. Were you living out of a blue city or one a bit further out into the danger?

9. Tragedy Lord

I joined a random guild and farmed hellgates with them. At first I was tagging along, after a little while I was calling targets...
    We had PvP engagements at pretty much every hellgate I went to...and we didn't loose many fights.
    We also met up with their alliance zerg and knocked on some castle doors and got into gigantic AoE zerg fights (50+ vs 50+). I'm still not clear on castle mechanics. I was just their for the funsies.

Its well known that the power house guilds are sitting this beta session out.
    Some of them did the initial land rush to practice server up strats. <-- $99 founder pack is mandatory for that imo

(Disclaimer, I'm not playing with or promoting -MH-)

What this vid demonstrates is how well organized guilds/alliances with a plan operate in a sandbox game with player owned assets at server launch. (that's a lot of words)
    I have mixed feelings about this kind of land rush. On the one hand its extremely exhilarating, on the other its extremely stressful (lol)

I play mostly Holy Staff. I only played Cleric boots so far because I figured I would like them and I do. The Chest, and Helm I'm still experimenting with...but I found a few combos I like...

I was pretty impressed with how often I got focused first.

10. Glisseal Lord

Wtf all these old fukers coming back!......there is still life after you get married!....or divorced!

11. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

What's our plan for AO heading into release? Are there enough of us to make up a solid base in another guild?

emu is too tired to read the thread, but would love to heal if there is a spot open.

12. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Did they announce the launch date yet?

13. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

The final beta began August 1st and is scheduled to end in roughly 3 months. No solid announcement.

14. Del Inactive Chapter Member

Been playing this off and on, grind is still killer.

15. Jbigg Jay Biguos

They announced today that beta will continue into the next year...

16. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

lol what a fucking scam.

17. Abgnar New Member

Greetings,
    I hope you all are doing well. Is anyone still interested in this game? With the official launch date set up is there still some potential interest in having a chapter in this game? If so, I would be more then happy to join the chapter. The game seems right up my venue, and I hope some of you guys are still interested in it too even if the release has been a little slow. :)

18. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

There was some back and forth during testing but I don't think there was much serious discussion about it.

@Jbigg

19. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Not enought interest.
    EDIT: to elaborate, the game is pretty niche if anything we would be a small 5-15 man effort but there is not even enough interest for that.

Had a chance at a small effort if they would have actually released the game without all of the delays.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  20. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

@Abgnar I agree with @Jbigg

Three or four "official release" dates have made me skeptical of the game and their motivation. It's OK to do it once because the game truly isn't ready but the developers keep having soft launches. To me it seems like a shady way to make pre-order bucks over and over again while resetting the server so to its most "fun" state.

I also have concerns about "end-game". Without some sort of server reset mechanic I fear it will be a ghost town in a few months when the larger zerg guilds own everything and people lose interest or give up.

tl;dr although I was excited about the game I am no longer for various reasons. I don't trust the developers.