American Economic Collapse Explained in 5 Mins!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hades, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Hades Lord of the Dead

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NblhUrcdrSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10,000 boomers a day are turning 65 for medicare.

Social Security will run permanent deficits.

The middle class is being gutted so the 1% can quadruple their fucking wealth as they've done over the past 30 years.

Occupy Wall Street is global because everyone knows the rich have gone too fucking far.

When America goes bankrupt, and it will within 20 years, those rich bastards will probably get a modern day experience of the French Revolution. By the time they realize they've made a mistake, the heads will already be rolling.

2. Soth Administrator

I'm not american, but let me know when this revolution goes down. I know where Anwedie lives, and I'll take some of you pitchfork-wielding americans over to his house. I call dibs on his PC.

3. Sauer Inactive Chapter Member

Do you realize that you are part of the 1% Hades?

4. Hades Lord of the Dead

No I am not in the 1%. I'm solid middle class, but I'm well above that bottom 50%

Based on the Internal Revenue Service’s 2010 database below, here’s how much the top Americans make:

Top 1%: $380,354 - incomes over this amount

Top 5%: $159,619

Top 10%: $113,799

Top 25%: $67,280

Top 50%: >$33,048

5. Sauer Inactive Chapter Member

Tell that to the guy living in a hut in Africa. The American middle class is fabulously rich by global standards. Hell, we live better than kings did just a few hundred years ago.

6. Soth Administrator

When I go to Anwedie's house to burn it down and string him up, do you think I should bring a classical red-painted pitchfork, or maybe something more trendy like a bright Green?

Problem with a red pitchfork is the blood won't be as visible on it. I also need to purchase a few torches - anyone know an online store that sells a high quality torch than won't burn out after just a few minutes?

7. It's not our fault that he wronged someone in another life and had the misfortune of being born in that shit? One day, we will all get the chance to live like that. Whoever survives it, wins.

8. Hades Lord of the Dead

I'm not talking about people in Africa, this is about America.

Our future is hyperinflation or bankruptcy, and with 10,000 boomers a day starting to draw benefits we'll be up shit creek.

We're projected to run trillion dollar deficits this entire decade, and by 2019 the interest on our national debt will be $900 billion. Unless we have an economic explosion we cannot grow our way out of the medicaid, medicare, social security, nationald debt interest payment situation except to hyperinflate or default.

Wage growth in American for the middle class dropped 10% this past decade, and everywhere you look middle class jobs are vanishing. Our politicians are incapable of fixing the problem so they may as well get used to mobs on the streets.

9. Sauer Inactive Chapter Member

And the rich people are responsible for all these problems?

10. I agree with you Hades, though I wonder if it will take even 5 years.

11. Hades Lord of the Dead

The rich bought the politicians who created and sustain this mess.

12. Ozzone Lord

I lost track. Which Obama relative is that?

13. Sauer Inactive Chapter Member

And the middle class vote the clowns in.

I could get behind the OWS crowd. But they don't have a coherent message. They aren't pissed off at the people and polices responsible for the problem.

The OWS crowd should be pissed off at the crony capitalists, the Federal Reserve, and 100 years of failed Progressive polices. What I see on tv is a bunch of loony toons crying about their student loans and drum circles.

14. PaleOne Tan IRL

15. Bushido Inactive Chapter Member

lack of financial education is the true cause of these problems

16. Pwning Lord

So why don't we put an end to the suffering right now! Fuck it, cancel all welfare, social security, unemployment, and medicare, force the government to balance its budget and stop spending money, cease all wars, maintain military presence, force all government employees to take a 10% pay cut and freeze promotions. Dig ourselves out of debt, pay off the deficit, and let family members take care of each other. More people who live with their families will spend less money and get by on less as well. I am sick and tired of government handouts, when will people fend for themselves? In the end it may come down to who has the most guns and ammo, which reminds me I think I'll go buy some more and stock up on canned goods lol. Oh, and kill the lawyers, legalize prostitution, gambling, and marijuana!!!

-Pwning

17. Miira Lord

This talk by Richard Wilkinson explains what income inequality does to societies, for those of you who don't understand why it's so bad.

<!--copy and paste--><object height="374" width="526">

<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/RichardWilkinson_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/RichardWilkinson_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1253&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=richard_wilkinson;year=2011;theme=medicine_without_borders;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=not_business_as_usual;theme=rethinking_poverty;theme=unconventional_explanations;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Culture;tag=Global+Issues;tag=data;tag=money;tag=social+change;tag=visualizations;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" height="374" width="526"></object>

18. Miira Lord

19. Miira Lord

The unemployment rate is ~10%. You can't just go "get a job." Even if everyone does everything right, we still need low skill laborers. Those people deserve to earn a living wage and have families.

20. Dogmatic Banned

Guns and ammunition. I have lots of. And nubuddeh is gunna take muh gunz!

Legalization of marijuana would seriously reduce the amount of resources spent in court and jails, as well as producig a new revenue for the government. Legalization of prostitution, don't really care about, I don't use them. Legalization of gambling now, would be a huge help for the coffers, if the government would tax gambling winnings asides from the lottery.(Fuck you powerball!)

There's a shitload of problems right now affecting the U.S. economy, but Miira, the biggest problem with low skill laborers, is that many companies hire illegals for cheaper, better labor, because quite frankly, the American youth seems to have some wild hair up their ass that by applying for these low skill laborer jobs, they're entitled to not be treated like the low skill laborer. Another thing, it's appalling how shitty the work ethic is amongst the American youth in general. I've had a lot of fuckers fired for shitty work in past jobs, a few younger than me, and many more older than me.

Edit: reduced the size of that still pretty big sentence.