American Economic Collapse Explained in 5 Mins!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hades, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Scarab The Mechanic

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything

It's getting exciting now. We will view the collapse of financial history. One step closer to economic equilibrium.

In the new world I see - People stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Yes spread the anti-consumerist ideas... I am not my shoes, nor my car, or the fucking computer I'm typing on!

2. Scarab The Mechanic

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w_KvnVcCRXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Scarab The Mechanic

I'm predicting the collapse happens Dec 21 2012.

4. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

Sorry, I skipped about 9 pages of this thread since you guys are all being a bit silly and over the top about this. But I gotta ask -

Do you think this is really gonna be a collapse of the US/World economy or do you think it's just going to be great depression-like or what? Everyone is predicting absolute doom but in light of history and the trials/tribulations that this country has gone through, I really don't think it's that bad from an economic standpoint. There are issues with govt and class differences, but you all are starting to sound like extremist who are veiling their beliefs in pragmatism. Extremism is every form is bad, maybe you all should take a step back from that ledge :D

5. Sauer Inactive Chapter Member

No one knows. Things don't look pretty at the moment. At the end of the day, the economic and military might of the United States is second to none.

Better safe than sorry. Stock up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Miira Lord

Nah, we'll maybe stay in recession a bit longer and they'll make some reforms and everything will be fine until they decide, once again, that their previous reforms are obsolete. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

7. Bushido Inactive Chapter Member

to be honest the us and canada are heading towards hyperinflation, which is going to be like the great depression (only germany's style one not the US one. )

My view on this is that you cannot control the outcome, but you can protect yourself. If you prepare for bad times you will only see good times. So if you look at history you can see that in a depression caused by deflation (us great depression. Modern Japan.) those who hoarded their money succeeded and survived because the dollar was very very valuable. But in a depression caused by hyperinflation (germany great depression. And modern US and Canada) those who saved and horded money will lose. Because their dollar will be worthless, and it will reach such a low value that the dollar will take a wheelbarrow of cash to buy a loaf of bread. ( a german joke is that a lady walked into a store to buy a loaf of bread with a wheelbarrow of cash. when she was done negotiating a price, she went to go get her money, only to find her wheelbarrow was stolen yet her cash was left behind.)

So after knowing that we are heading into hyperinflation, how do we protect ourselves? The answer lies in buying assets. Not just assets that are for capitol gain but assets that provide cashflow (like a rented building). Essentially if you have assets that provide cashflow you can control your cashflow and actually prosper in a time like a depression. (or at least a German style depression)

8. Daemon Lord

That's beautiful Sauer; is that actually yours? I'm looking to start setting one up for me (and one for the wife).

9. Sauer Inactive Chapter Member

10. PaleOne Tan IRL

Gee Sauer your little collage has most of the stuff stored at my house except i'm not a bean fan :)

Ar15 in 9mm
    M21(scoped m-14)
    10-22
    Remington 760 gamemaster in 3006
    glock 19
    1000's or rounds
    5 akitas

Food, water and preciuos metals :)

11. Piikaa Warlord

Wow, brother. I lost all my guns while Tuna fishing out in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. Fortunately, the boat righted itself and all we lost were the guns.

Lost 5 rifles, 4 pistols, 7 shotguns and thousands of rounds of ammo.

By the way, if "that day" ever does come, Bullets > Gold...

12. Soth Administrator

Why are there so many guns in your boat? I am confused by this.

13. Anwedie Lord

His boat was probably oveturned by a...you guessed it, ROCK LOBSTER!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDZy6-fMCw4

They don't make music videos like these anymore lol...

14. Sauer Inactive Chapter Member

opsec

15. Pirates!!

Also Anwedie, <3 Rock Lobsta!!

16. Ozzone Lord

17. Dogmatic Banned

18. Salohcin Member

You fish with a gun, hehe.

19. Piikaa Warlord

I don't go offshore without being well armed... ever. Too many opportunities for piracy to take place if you aren't prepared to repel unwanted boarders.

Loosing the Barrett .338 Lapua was tough, so were the AK's. The Remington 700 BDL .30-06 had killed over 150 critters, so if anyone asks, I'll probably miss it the most.

20. Dogmatic Banned

No, you hold up fishermen for fish with a gun.