Arena Commander - first thoughts

Discussion in 'Star Citizen' started by Ozzone, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Ozzone Lord

Started out with Free Flight to get a feel with my X52 Pro and it worked flawlessly. Loaded the game and flew around for a bit and no bugs detected.

The decided to try Vanduul Swarm. First run had a HUD problem and friendlies/enemies did not show up on tracking. Impossible to fight because the NPCs ate me alive.

Exited the game, went back in and this time got tracking. Got to elite wave and got pwned. Had 3 of them swarming on me. AI is brutal. I guess I need more practice.

No bugs detected really so far except the first run without tracking. If you start a game and no tracking, go back to the hangar and try and reload it. Without tracking it is super tough.

Some people on the RSI forum have complained about smoothness but I haven't had a problem yet. We'll see when PVP goes live.

Overall, graphics are primo. Flying is a small learning curve. Not bad for an alpha.

2. Anachronox Member

Shows how much I been paying attention, didnt even know it out....DLing it now. Hope it works with my flight setup!

3. Ozzone Lord

What setup?

4. Anachronox Member

Satalik 52 throttle, stick, rudder pedals.

5. Dogmatic Banned

This man is flying space ships correctly.

6. Ozzone Lord

You mean Saitek right? I got the X52 Pro and it works fine. They support the stick and throttle but not the pedals. Buttons are hardcoded though but they will change that eventually.

7. Arrocken New Member

I played for a bit today. Graphics are great and the damage physics are pretty cool. Totally sucked on Mouse and keyboard, so I played using a Xbox 360 remote. Got better, but it still wasn't perfect. Next time I'll dust off the old Saitek AV8R-01 if I can find where I put it.

8. Anachronox Member

Lame for hard coding.

9. Hades Lord of the Dead

can you stream some footgae on twitch?

10. Ozzone Lord

I don't twitch.

11. Viphre Lord

I will be doing some recordings and screenshots of the game and will make it into a video in a week or two, hammered this weekend with work.