Ashes of Creation

Discussion in 'MMORPG and CORPG Gaming Discussions' started by Iseng, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Iseng Warlord

So I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. This is turning out to look like a potential contender also being made by a western team.

This goes over some of the key points and shows some early game-play. Something to keep an eye on.

Official Website: www.ashesofcreation.com

If your interested use this link. Pretty neat system and will also increase my chances of getting in alpha to check it out.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Iseng/?campaign=LotD

2. Ren Elder

I followed your link and registered. Some of the concepts looks like over promises from games past such as dynamic NPC spawning or retreads such as flagging systems for PvP "when you choose", but worth a look in the future. But my biggest complaint is they broke the cardinal sin of MMOs and made a game name that acronyms into something already used (Age of Conan). :mad:

Looks like a Kickstarter campaign is in the near future.

3. Iseng Warlord

Yeah its all vaporware until it comes to fruition but interesting pitch

4. Kiwiness FFXIV Chapter

I to followed your link and registered, not bad development for 14 months. Kinda has a BDO feel to it, I just hope alot less grindy.

5. Kiwiness FFXIV Chapter

6. Haiden Lord

I backed it

7. Soth Administrator

Ohh tempting. Hrmmm they have a lifetime subscription offer for $485

Has there been any info released about if they are standard MMO combat or action combat?

8. NyN_ToFiVe Sleeps In PvP

Game looks beautiful, I do miss dungeons/raids in a mmo....

9. Icesin Lord

NVM Iseng shared. I missed it.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  10. Iseng Warlord

I did check the original post!

11. Iseng Warlord

@Soth and I've been busy so unsure about the combat!

12. NyN_ToFiVe Sleeps In PvP

#IsenghasaMicroPenis

13. Iseng Warlord

Nyn misses my raids

14. NyN_ToFiVe Sleeps In PvP

15. NyN_ToFiVe Sleeps In PvP

someone has to carry u o_O

16. Soth Administrator

One of the devs gets asked about combat. He goes into master-level evasion mode trying to do backflips and jumps to escape the question. You can hear his answer here:

sounds like he is trying for a hybrid action/tab-target with a third never before seen top secret thing (probably the corruption mechanic we've heard about)

17. Soth Administrator

Pretty good QA on the game here:

One point of interest people might want to know - There will be very little RNG in the game outside of monster loot tables.

I know I for one am sick of RNG, so that's a relief.

The game is being made by a gamer, who is sick of all the pay 2 win MMOs we're getting these days. So he is doing a sub-based game with zero P2W. May be some cosmetic items purchasable sounds like, but no convenience items or items that have any real effect.

18. Iseng Warlord

Here's to hoping. Would like to k ow a definitive answer on combat thougg

19. Haiden Lord

20. Iseng Warlord

Theif ;)