Asus all in one computer

Discussion in 'LotD Merchandise/Hot Deals/Sweet Gear' started by Isy, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Isy Lord

ASUS Zen AiO Pro Z240-C4 Signature Edition All-in-One

Is this computer any good for gaming? I'm thinking of setting it up at home and give my old computer to my brother. Any thoughts?

2. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

If this is what you're talking about: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...nature-Edition-All-in-One/productID.328073500

It would probably play mobas and stuff like diablo fine - but stuff like DBO would kill it being basically a laptop that doesn't fold. (it's essentially a big ass microsoft surface tablet with a keyboard plugged in.

If you want to spend $2000 - you could build a normal sized PC for a little less - and have a better PC.

I can't see using my desktop with a touch screen, ever. I would go crazy looking at the smudges while working or gaming - unless you were anal about cleaning it constantly (no thanks, although I do love a clean anus - ZING!)

I would buy a nice 24+ inch monitor and either build your own tower - or buy from like cyberpowerpc.com or falcon - or somewhere else on the cheap.

There's plenty of sales these days on big PC's - so really unless you need the space saving smaller stuff - you're better off getting more bang for your buck on a fullsize, 'last years' model.

I'm a big fan of ASUS - but this new stuff seems really gimmicky and over priced.

Guess I'm just an old fart complaining about justin beiber and touch screen laptops. =p

The biggest drawback of a PC like that - you'll never be able to upgrade anything past the current hardware config. In a regular desktop you can upgrade the cpu, ram, video card(s), cooler, the case itself, sound cards - basically anytime that plugs into your motherboard can be upgraded and 99% of the time you'll never have to reformat. Just plug and play upgrades - it's a nice future proof feature and saves you big bucks down the road.

Just my 2kb. ;)

3. Isy Lord

That makes sense, I didn't really look much into it and I honestly haven't kept up with ANY tech specs so I have no idea what to look for anymore. I do need to buy a new computer but I need to be able to pay monthly as opposed to a flat fee. Anyone know of any?

4. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given