Battlefield One

Discussion in 'FPS Discussions' started by Leshil, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Leshil Warlord

Any interest in this latest title?

@Lord @Elder @Warlord

The last one wasn't all that great, so seeing what interest, if any, members have on the latest edition. I normally setup a server, but it depends on the game and interest.

2. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

I just picked up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/239140/ - to play with Shay.

It looks pretty awesome and it's on sale :)

I am still good with shooters from my overwatch fix.

and by good I mean terrible =p

Leshil likes this.
  3. Guilford Warlord

I always enjoy a good shooter game I notice these days though I'm not twitch reacting as much idk how you still play shooters at your advanced age lesh!
    But this does seem fairly fun depending on how many are interested

4. Viphre Lord

I was going to ask if anyone was going to be playing this when release comes around. I will be.

5. I'm looking forward to trying dying light in a 4 person co-op. Gonna kill me some zombies. Hopefully I don't have nightmares!

Leshil likes this.
  6. Leshil Warlord

You're not telling me...lol at my age my twitch skills have turned to mush. I tend to jump in the vehicles and planes more now and just fuck everyone up in a most enjoyable and skilless manner.

Guilford likes this.
  7. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

I would get it but EA wants $140 for the fucking game. That and I know I'll play it for like 2 weeks and forget about it once hackers and servers become shit.

8. Leshil Warlord

Yea , it's the big collector's edition. I'm going to assume they will release a straight digital option once it gets released. If they don't, not sure anyone in LotD would drop that much for an fps anyhow.

9. Pookee Lord

I"m guessing you bitches have already quit playing this...

10. Glisseal Lord

ugg........ Can't do shooter games I started getting fuking Vertigo about 2 years ago when playing them.

11. Leshil Warlord

It hasn't launched yet. We're all still playing in Heroic raids in WoW atm anyhow nerd.

Pookee likes this.
  12. Pookee Lord

Quit drinking (so much)

13. Pookee Lord

Lemme say this....

I won't be surprised the day yall create a chapter and quit before launch.

Maybe I'm prescient and this will be it. Call me the next generation's Gaun.

14. thorizdin Administrator

I'll probably play, I'm still mainly playing Overwatch at the moment.

15. Leshil Warlord

If we have enough interest we can do a few things:

1. Setup a server for 1-2 months(since that seems to be the attention span for most of us in FPS). The key is selecting the right map rotations and keep it populated. It could last longer if the title is decent and people jump in often enough.

2. Select 1-2 good servers hosted by someone else to always use as our playground. Display LotD tags or not depends on RcoD stance for exposure.

3. All this hinges on:
    a. Interest
    b. Reduction of their ridiculous $140 collectors price tag to a normal digital download cost after launch.
    c. If the game delivers

Purely a side/casual possibility as many of us cut our FPS teeth on CoD and BF titles.

16. Guilford Warlord

Yeah I won't spend 140 on it but they usually go down in price

17. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

I use to play Solder of Fortune like a motherfucker possessed back in the early 2000's.

I was that knife guy - and lived off the rage, lol...

I might pick it up if things get slow over the winter, depending on what all's going on.

18. thorizdin Administrator

I don't know if renting a server will even be feasible. All of them will be hosted by EA and there won't be much in the way of customization. Looks like map rotation and name of the server might be it.

19. Leshil Warlord

That's unfortunate. However, we can target one and show out there. I really love being able to customize my own rotations and game types. Too bad. :(

20. Viphre Lord

They have a so called Rent-A-Server program they are going to try and implement come launch and this will probably be turned into having admins with too much power, like previous BF titles.

Your best bet would be to find 1 server that has good population going and stick to it, although from my experience with my squad, if you are good enough you will probably kill servers unless people stick around for the challenge.