Camping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mephiston, Jun 10, 2016.

1. So I find myself back in the Midwest after ten years away, northwest Ohio to be specific, and as it's that time of year where those of us who try to blend in with the general population are expected to go outside I find myself planning a camping trip.

Currently I'm only 90 minutes south of where I grew up so my thoughts were that I would do as I used to and head north. All the way to the ass end of Michigan in the northwestern part of the upper peninsula, with the option of swinging back down on the west side of the Great Lakes and essentially doing a circuit around them.

Now, the catch of this is the furthest point out that I'm going to is a 12 hour drive at best. That's a lot of ground. I could reach Atlanta from my home in the amount of time. So it got me to thinking, what else is out there that I could hit for a couple nights within that distance?

Most of my experiences were in Mi or northern FL, I was thinking there might be something worth seeing if I head west. Or possibly in New England.

Tl;dr: I'm looking for good camping destinations.

2. Morals Lord

I like to camp close to the spawn.

Glisseal and Daemon like this.
  3. Supe987 Inactive Chapter Member

Mountains :p

4. This sounds like a good idea. Saw the Appalachians some last year while travelling. Also mountains in NorCal way back when. But everywhere I've ever lived it's been hella flat.