Can't Upload Avatar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhyha, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Rhyha Dude looks like a lady

Apologies if this isn't the place to put this thread, not sure where to post it.

I've been unable to upload an avatar since I joined. Am I being thick and doing something incorrectly?

Here's the error I'm getting:
    The image could not be processed by the server. Please try another or contact the site owner.

2. Belle Lord

Try to make it smaller. Like a lot smaller (kb, not just pixels). I have some distant memory of having the same issue and I think that might have been the solution.

3. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

yep - it's either too large in pixel size, file size (KB) or it's an compatible format.

Save it as a .jpg and make it like 300x300 - that should do the trick.

4. Rhyha Dude looks like a lady

I resized the image to 190x190 and increased the compression until it was 3.2 kB. I don't think it's file size related, this is a VERY small file. Has anyone uploaded an avatar recently?

For reference: your gif of Luffy is 108.4 kB, Sanjo.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  5. What kind of file is it?
    .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff, etc

6. Rhyha Dude looks like a lady

.jpg

Could someone try uploading a new avatar and see if it works for them?

7. @perilX

Kids, don't poke the sad clown very much. He gets grumpy and farts rainbows.

Evoex likes this.
  8. Glisseal Lord

Pretty sure you can find a avatar shrinker if you google it....thats the way I do mine.

9. Rhyha Dude looks like a lady

I'm pretty confidant that it isn't size related.

If I'd have to guess, the allocated space for avatar uploads on the server has been reached and isn't allowing any additional uploads.

10. Glisseal Lord

My avatar on these forums was size related. When i found the right size it worked.

11. Rhyha Dude looks like a lady

Ending up using my Gravatar lol. I still believe uploads are broken though.

12. Cedwyn Banned

Sorry for the late response, but your issue is probably because you haven't paid to join the guild yet.

For only $5.95 a year, you get to upload an avatar, change your name colour, use the shoutbox, write more than 3 posts a day and use our ventrilo server.

If interested, send me your credit card details, security pin, exp date and name on the card and I'll get it processed for you.

Also of interest for our couples is the LotD Couples Package which gets everything above for 2 people for $13.95.

Glisseal and Rhyha like this.
  13. Rhyha Dude looks like a lady

Wow! That's so easy.

Do I post all my credentials here or in a private message?

14. Cedwyn Banned

Glisseal and Rhyha like this.
  15. Georgetta Gear Level 9000

It has not worked for me for awhile - but I attributed it to user error and just have been too lazy to mess around with it.

16. Gnarkiller Member

It's always been troublesome.

17. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

I've never had a problem with the avatars.

Granted, I Haven't tried to change mine in a couple of years... Lol.

It might be something to do with the changes @perilX has done to try and help out spambot situation, maybe an unintended effect?

18. Lake Warlord

I attempted to change mine as well to verify and I have the same problem

19. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Yeah I can't update my avatar either. This is a critical bug as I cannot support my countries olympic team via avatar gifs.

20. perilX Administrator

You can if you use gravitar. But yeah, something is wrong with the server or image processor. Gonna have to get GC to look into it.