Choose My Adventure: Neverending Neverwinter story

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 7, 2013.

By Massively on Dec 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  1. Massively Member

Filed under: Fantasy, PvE, Opinion, Free-to-Play, Massively Meta, Hands-On, Choose My Adventure, Neverwinter, Player-Generated Content

[​IMG]
    Of all the things this trip to Neverwinter has shown me, the ability to continue a character's story beyond the quest that Cryptic provides stands as the greatest thing I think any online game can give us. Although I don't believe that Neverwinter (or any other game, for that matter) gives me everything that I ever hoped for, the Foundry does allow those who enjoy dungeon mastering in the classic Dungeons and Dragons sense a chance to test out their skills at creating a story within a realistic development environment.

Most writers would love to have a blank slate, a platform to do whatever they want to do, but realistically, that never happens. Every development environment contains its own limits and challenges content creators have to overcome. Sometimes the engine doesn't allow writers to do what they would like. Sometimes budgetary limits constrain the creative process. Sometimes writers forget that they are making a game and not a novel, so "fun" adds its own limits. As a writer and a gamer, I have been given a taste of what it takes to make an enjoyable quest for a gaming community.
    Continue reading Choose My Adventure: Neverending Neverwinter story

[​IMG]
    Choose My Adventure: Neverending Neverwinter story originally appeared on Massively on Wed, 04 Dec 2013 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 7, 2013.