Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Discussion in 'LotD Merchandise/Hot Deals/Sweet Gear' started by Evoex, May 31, 2014.

1. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

So i've been on the fence for a long time about mechanical kb's. I heard that they were a 'must have' for a long time and i finally jumped on one.

http://www.corsair.com/ru-ru/vengeance-k70-fully-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-anodized-black-na-layout

As per title, Corsair k70. The big draw for me was the media controls and back lit keys. Of note is the ability to customize lighting for each individual key.

I have to say, mechanical is definitely the way to go in terms of tactile feedback and responsiveness. I should note that this isn't like the old school mechanical ones that had the 'click' once fully depressed. That being said, it is loud to type on. Comes with a 'key removal tool' and cleaning this thing will be a breeze due to how spaced out the keys are and how the underside is machined. Oh, did I mention this thing is made of aluminum?

Corsair makes a few versions, I recommend people check it out if they are looking for a new kb.

Damage is about $100-150 depending on where you look.

2. EvilCiD Member

I have the same keyboard and overall like it.

A few other things worth noting:
    1.) comes in 2 colors (black with red backlit keys and Silver with blue backlit)
    2.) You can get it with different switches red, blue, black etc(I forget the exact switches they offer) I opted for red after having browns before and blues are just to noisy

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  3. Daemon Lord

sadly i've NEVER used wasd... I've always used esdf, so I wouldn't buy that kb simply b/c it's keyed wrong. :D

4. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

it comes with spare normal keys for WASD123456

5. EvilCiD Member

Easy fix with the included key removal tool.

6. Daemon Lord

sure, I could move trade the keys around and have a qewrty instead of a qwerty kb... lol

7. I have owned the K95 since it launched and love it, best kb ive ever owned.

8. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

I have the K95 and M95. Best keyboard / mouse combo I've had so far. I only wish the software was a tad easier to use.

9. xenon Dutch Elder

LOL saw this topic and immediately ordered the K95.
    Should be here tomorrow :)
    Nice to use with AA this weekend :)

10. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

11. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

I still can't stand anything without the "ergonomic" curve to it :(

12. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

13. You're in luck, the microsoft ergonomic 4000 just went on sale for $20 a couple hours ago...was thinking about picking up a spare myself.

14. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

Nice! That's the exact keyboard I have at home. Love it. Just picked up one for the office :D

15. No wonder why you suck at pvp so bad.

16. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

More like "You use an ergonomic keyboard AND use F5 as your push to talk AND are that awesome at PvP? Holy shit, teach me O'Sensei Master Sifu-sama Dude!" :D

17. xenon Dutch Elder

Had the K95 first this weekend. Love the mainboard.
    I used to have a cherry keyboard until our neighbors got hit by a lightning and apparently the amount of power was so big, it went thru the wall right into my PC !
    Sucks, got everything replaced by insurance, except my lovely cherry keyboard with gold contacts... nowhere to get anywhere :(

This thing feels almost the same. I satisfied with this keyboard.