Crafting and gathering in preparation for first campaign

Discussion in 'Crowfall' started by qberto, Jun 11, 2017.

1. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

Awesome! Thank you.

2. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

No, I mean, I can't remember what tree the final craft of, say, an advanced pick is made from. I know at least a few components are from Runecrafting, but is the final tool craft Runecrafting, or does it only get boosted by the nodes in Basic Crafting tree?

I can check this evening.

3. PaleOne Tan IRL

Runecrafting includes

Harvesting tools
    Disciplines
    Some weapon components
    Crafting seals

4. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

@PaleOne Can you share screen shots of your Runecrafting and Basic Crafting trees, please?

5. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

The answer to this is, advanced gathering tools are crafted entirely with runecrafting. So you should have this covered, which is awesome.

6. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

Updated status

We currently need

2x Miners
    Alchemist

We currently want

Jewelcrafter

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.16.10 PM.png

@Jbigg @PaleOne Can you share the specifics of your training as above

@Asim You should pick one of the 'needs' above and train that. Let me know what you decide.

7. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Two new accounts, they are currently training prerequisite trees.
    Crafting basics currently is granting me 5.88 skill 0 experimentation 4 points for woodworking.
    3% logging; 4.4% Heartwood Harvest; Plentiful resources wood : 1;

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  8. PaleOne Tan IRL

9. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

10. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

@Jbigg I need a staff crafted, any idea when I could catch you?

11. Jbigg Jay Biguos

were crafting pots taken out?

12. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

No. But they are additive. Do you mind crafting it for me? It would be very helpful, can't find a woodworker for days.

13. Piikaa Warlord

Here is where I am between my two accounts (Piikaa / Pkaoo).

Pkaoo harvesting 7-8-17.PNG Pkaoo excavation 7-8-17.PNG Pkaoo exploration basics 7-8-17.PNG Pkaoo crafting basics 7-8-17.PNG Piikaa crafting basics 7-8-2017.PNG Piikaa leatherworking 7-8-17.PNG Piikaa blacksmithing 7-8-17.PNG Piikaa runemaking 7-8-17.PNG Pkaoo harvesting 7-8-17.PNG Pkaoo excavation 7-8-17.PNG Pkaoo exploration basics 7-8-17.PNG Pkaoo crafting basics 7-8-17.PNG Piikaa crafting basics 7-8-2017.PNG Piikaa leatherworking 7-8-17.PNG Piikaa blacksmithing 7-8-17.PNG Piikaa runemaking 7-8-17.PNG

qberto likes this.
  14. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

@Piikaa Thanks for sharing this. There will be a wipe in a few months, so it makes sense to focus on the short term.

1. This is our most capable mining account at this point. Can you focus on getting this higher? This is what we need the most right now, and apparently you only need one skilled miner to harvest motherlodes. You already got the important stuff in gathering, which is awesome. Hunger gems are not good currently which is all you're missing there.
    2. For this second account you're really at a crossroads. You could go combat, jewelcrafting, or duplicating a craft we already have, like woodworking, blacksmithing, or leatherworking

Piikaa likes this.
  15. Piikaa Warlord

I'll keep after mining on Pkaoo and Jewelcrafting on Piikaa.

16. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

I don't know what the current state of jewelcrafting is, nor do I know whether it will be in before skill wipe. I do know that you need a trained miner to get jewels, but not sure if it's currently a lot of work or impossible to make anything.

17. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

They said in the stream today that necromancy will be a crafting skill that doesn't use blueprints or factories.

18. PaleOne Tan IRL

yeah I don't know if any of our planning is relevant since we still may have a skill wipe.

I have trained up another node of runemaking experimentation chance and skill points.

19. PaleOne Tan IRL

You may want to watch the latest crowfall live to determine who should do which craft. There are going to be racial skills to help crafting. it may help to assign crafting duties based on intended race play.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160079751

qberto likes this.
  20. qberto Crowfall Leadership

Good find Pale. Yet another reason to have guild crafting and gathering accounts as you are now forced into picking specific races to min max crafting and gathering.

PaleOne likes this.