Crowfall - Breaking News

Discussion in 'Crowfall' started by Ren, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Ren Elder

Thread to discuss breaking news about the upcoming competitive PvP MMO Crowfall, initially announced with the "Play2Crush" manifesto, currently in development by ArtCraft Entertainment.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Feeble and Gelthias like this.
  2. Ren Elder

There have been a number of minor information drops last week, but the first big one came today: 01/22/15 - The Crowfall Universe, Economy/Crafting & Raph Koster!
    • Single universe with multiple worlds that can be traveled, similar to Eve
    • Complex crafting system
    • Full or partial loot (not clear exact design yet)
    • etc etc etc
    Quote of the day on Crowfall forums: And today will forever be known as the day that the church of Crowfall was founded by mind blown gamers that haven't even played the game yet.

Feeble and Mange like this.
  3. Ohai Inactive Chapter Member

This used to go under a different name, what was it again?

4. Ren Elder

Some are referring to Crowfall as Shadowbane 2.0. Twelve years later I think Todd Coleman is both smarter and will have better technology at his disposal.

O, and the initial announcement was at the Play2Crush web address (a reference to SB's motto "Play to Crush" with the implication that it is a sequel of sorts).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  5. Glisseal Lord

Free to play or monthly?

6. Ren Elder

No information on payment model currently available.

7. Pretty sure this is the "SWG2" that I heard about 6 months ago, and I'm looking forward to see what they're going to do.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  8. Del Inactive Chapter Member

I won't hold my breath.

9. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Do you ever?

10. I'm kind of in the same boat with this one, I would love another game similar to all of those in the past, SWG was prolly one of my favorite MMO's of all time. I even played the emu for about 3 years after it was gone, the gathering and crafting system in that game was the best ever made. It made the economy and made being a crafter viable. I had 9 accounts at one time. But I have learned over the past 8 or so years that I will never feel the same way about another game again. I will keep an eye out and try anything that interests me but I wont be jumping all over it and up and down till I actually play it. Hell before info came out about this, people were all about Camelot! Now this is the new thing.

11. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Camelot will be a very niche game and will provide a way different Pvp experience then Crowfall.

12. Ren Elder

Which is exactly why I have been "meh" about AA, "hmm" about CU, and now "Oh Boy!" about CF. Nice to see different flavors of PvP-focused games entering the marketplace, and there should be an option for anyone looking for the best match to their own particular style of gameplay.

Setis likes this.
  13. Ohai Inactive Chapter Member

instanced pvp is bleh, sandbox pvp is sloooooooow, all about that RvR baby!

14. Del Inactive Chapter Member

Crowfall will have partial or full loot drop on death. This alone will make the game even more niche. Either way I'm interested, just not foaming at the mouth I'll give you $250 to get in to alpha interested, at least not yet.

It will be at least a year and a half to two years before we actually get to touch it. Who knows what we'll be playing then or what we'll all be doing. Some of us will be old (like 90% of the guild), some of us will be pregnant (just jbigg), and some of us will dropping 'ludes like it's going out of style.

No seriously, when is this motherfucking kickstarter.

15. Ren Elder

The tick tock clock currently says 30 days. I think it a reasonable guess to say a Kickstarter kicks off at zero. We will see.

In any case, I appreciate that they are rolling out some information and having interactions on the dev forums prior to asking for cash. It like a date - how about some dinner and conversation first? (At least that's what my wife keeps saying.)

Istarien likes this.
  16. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

More niche then no PvE? Guess we'll see :)

17. Ren Elder

Not sure why you two are having a "niche" contest. Both Mark Jacobs and Todd Coleman have clearly stated that their respective games will not appeal to the wider MMO market and aggressively go after their smaller target audience. If you liked DAOC, you will probably enjoy CU. Same for SB and CF. Or who knows, you might like both. It's not a contest after all - just twice the opportunity for fun.

18. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

What on earth are you on about Ren? We're just talking.

19. Ren Elder

1/27/2015 update.

Things of note (to me at least!):
    • Ingame environments has a gritty feel, mitigating fears of a "cartoony" character art style.
    • FAQ summarized the game as a Throne War Simulator without stepping directly on any Game of Thrones copyrights (but with humorous acknowledgement)
    • "Characters do not have discrete “levels” like most traditional MMOs. This means that there are MANY, MANY potential ways to advance your character at any given time."
    • EVE online referenced as inspiration for leveling skills (as opposed to grinding rats or questing) so good news for PvE haters. Devs want to avoid the "macro while staring at a wall" syndrome of games such as Darkfall

Mange likes this.
  20. Hades Lord of the Dead

Gold and Glory Podcast. Ren you just wanna consolidate stuff in the OP as it comes up?

bizzaro and Piikaa like this.