Crowfall Testing Structure

Discussion in 'Crowfall' started by Iseng, Nov 14, 2016.

1. qberto Crowfall Leadership

Thanks for stepping up. We have a few reasons we want to start with our internal roster first. 1. we don't have an SOP ready. 2. we don't have enough people actively playing together like sugoi and w. We don't want to recruit new members and give them a poor initial impression of Lotd. However, we are so behind in theorycrafting for gear that we really need to get organized and start recruiting people interested in crafting as an end game. Once we figure out our own roster and accounts we will be closer to general testing recruitment.

2. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

@qberto totally agree on all of those points. The reason -W- and Sugio have 1,000,000 members in beta is because they are actively recruiting those with beta access.

Personally I don't think we would leave a bad impression bringing people in at this stage, we've done it before and I can name a few that are now lord+ including myself. I guess my primary concern is that this game is going to require some hardcore harvesters and crafters, although we have some, it's not a lot, especially for the current level of specialization Crowfall requires. We tend to be PvP domination types.

My google form should give us a good idea of what our player base will want to focus on. I say we wait a week to get more entries and talk about the results then.

FYI the initial results with 7 replies is 6 combat, 1 harvester. I expect that trend to continue. That is of course excluding people with two or more accounts.

---

Edit:

I think it is also important to note that as of right now we do not need to feed crafters materials. They simply have to be training the right skills.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  3. Valor Buffalo Rancher

I think it's wise to take this approach of a "testing chapter". Not everyone will stick with it and it allows us to bring in people to focus on the very different goals that we have now as opposed to once the game launches.

Ren and Philoctetes like this.
  4. Iseng Warlord

That's why we're doing it this way Valor. Once the game is getting close to a launch we will transition into the real thing and fill out the rest of the leadership ranks.

Piikaa likes this.
  5. Ren Elder

;)

6. Leshil Warlord

We always ramp recruiting up in Beta. Hell I joined LotD in a beta game. I think this is a good setup for pre alpha. Kudos.

Mythx likes this.
  7. Key New Member

I am coming back for this and CU. Looks like this will be waaaay before CU. I am going to grab my bundle today I think. Not sure how available I will be during this early testing, but when it becomes open more regularly...I am in.

8. Renza Lord

I can't make any promises regarding playtime right now with work being ridiculous, but I'll do my best to pop on and assist as best I can.

9. bizzaro Guilford's bromance

@Philoctetes that looks good^^, saves me work=p. Let me know if you need me for any other part of that. Btw I will be a dedicated crafter.

Also on a side note, I have to put a for sure definite answer for what version of the game I own, currently I don't own a version of the game. Maybe stick a option in there for that.

10. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Slight update on the interest form numbers.

19/21 people plan to have their primary account training combat skills
    2/21 exploration (scouting most likely according to the comments)

Less than 10 people plan on having a second account to focus on something other than combat. Good mix of crafting and exploration. Unclear if these are scouting or harvesting accounts.

Fewer still plan to support a third account.

It's important to note that few people in our guild REALLY understand the passive skilling system. NO you cannot have a single account that is good at more than a single universal skill.

Back to my earlier point, most of LotD consists of PvP players. Even the hardcore crafters we do have will be supporting multiple accounts to do so. Even if more entries to the form come in I expect this trend to continue.

IF we want to get the most out of the alpha / beta stages, especially in the crafting and harvesting specs, we must consider recruiting into a provisional or test chapter for the game.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    qberto likes this.
  11. PaleOne Tan IRL

I think i may buy a dedicated crafting account since i wont need to vip it.

12. Leshil Warlord

IF the game is good and has some legs, I will probably have a 2nd account that specializes in armor. However, there's little doubt I'd rather kill you and take your shit then craft it myself.

bizzaro likes this.
  13. bizzaro Guilford's bromance

Hmm I think I'll do crafting cause I think we'll need it, and when leshil can't find anyone to kill he still needs someone to make him a smandwhich.

14. Asim Crowfall Tester

This is Xang/Asim from AA and Black Desert. I am currently testing this game and would like to help out as much as possible. I plan to have at least two accounts, one for crafting and one for fighting/gathering/tracking. I am currently planning to run a druid, but this is subject to change. I have been checking in on the discord server but I never find anyone in the Crowfall channel.

15. Iseng Warlord

We're just gathering basic information now Asim. The game is still very rough around the edges to don't go balls deep just yet! You'll see us gear this up more and more as the game get stitched together

16. PaleOne Tan IRL

Testing is Ramping up.

We are doing small scale pvp and discipline testing in my Eternal Kingdom at 9 PM EST tonight,
    Meet in discord

Mythx likes this.
  17. Mythx New Member

<<< Exploration & Combat for me - I love stealth templates aka. Assassins heavy dps templates, or scouts - tracking, Black Mask major disc. rune, but I really enjoy large scale combat as well so it`s not an easy decision. :)

- If we need to choose between either large scale combat aka siege, or exploration - I would probably go for exploration strike team.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  18. Iseng Warlord

Don;t worry you can do any of it ;) Our vision for the exploration/strike team is the top notch people who can hold their own when outnumbered. This will of course evolve but thats the plan.

Mythx likes this.