CU Leadership Interest Thread

Discussion in 'Camelot Unchained' started by Hades, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Trial Inactive Chapter Member

We need a Warlord or Elder to sponsor. I am just petitioning any and all of them to sponsor - I am happy to put in as much work as it takes to make their lives easier I just want an official chapter.

I know the game is a long way from launch but Beta wont be too far now and having a real Alpha/Beta presence to put the world on notice would be fantastic.

I also think having core members/officers involved in Beta actively testing the game and gaining valuable knowledge is key.

I was looking through the LotD Bylaws and I dont think there was anything preventing a chapter from going live in Beta?

Super geeked up for this - I go on my honeymoon for 11 days starting Tuesday but have been actively testing Alpha. I also have a ton of beta keys once it goes to that phase as I pledged the highest teir I could.

2. Rhia Lord

What I'm hearing is:
    1) Make @hybrd apply for Warlord.
    2) Cross fingers / beg / bribe Elders.
    3) Make @hybrd sponsor CU.
    4) Profit.

3. LD watches him cry for max profit

4. Guilford Warlord

lol fool proof

5. Glisseal Lord

Realistically we need 20-30 for a chapter ...leaning more towards 30.

6. Icesin Lord

Its called recruitment. Im pretty sure LotD will have a chapter for CU. And no problem recruiting. Hell I think Guil already volunteered for that.

Rhia likes this.
  7. Guilford Warlord

I did! @Gedwyn is going to be our personel officer to!

8. Glisseal Lord

My guess groups will be 8-man like Daoc. Any thing above 10 will be considered zerging. TakING a keep depending on the hours will take 4-6 groups (32-48 peeps). So 48 peeps to take our own keep.

9. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

LotD won't commit and official presence in any game until close to release. The reason Crowfall has such a presence right now is because a lot of people have a financial stake ($500+) and they are actually interacting with ACE on a regular basis. I don't know of any group of LotDers who are working with CSE on a regular basis.

That being said, LotD is also not committing an official chapter to CF until the game gets much closer to release. We're playing the alphas now, but that's very very very very different than what the end game will look like. It's entirely possible the game will turn out to be ass a couple months before release. I don't think so, but it's possible and has happened before (anyone remember Fury?).

We're not gonna allow an official CU chapter right now just like we're not gonna allow an official CF chapter right now. If you set up a chapter in CU without RCoD permission.... that will be a Bad Thing™ :(

If you can get some Elders/Warlords to play in the CU alpha stuff and they want to use the LotD tag for identification purposes, that's fine. It's what has happened in CF (though really most all of us don't use the tag ingame). Just please don't get 3 strangers together and start tagging them LotD and saying LotD is gonna rock this game :)

Lightdark likes this.
  10. Icesin Lord

Wow he said please. Ok! Who is impersonating Gaun?

11. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

Other aspects of my life must be rubbing off on my gaming persona :(

12. MarleyTheMoose Radiohead Superfan

You will never get me near CU... so FU

Rhia likes this.
  13. Ren Elder

If you and hybrd (as two experienced leaders and all around cool peeps) are all-in on CU, I suggest reaching out to @Furyos and see what happens. ;)

14. Ichimaru Lord

Well there goes my only shot at ever being in a foursome. #Dreamscrushed

All joking aside though, I still don't know what I'm planning to do regarding these two games. I haven't looked at either of them yet and probably still wont since they are still so far away. DAOC was before my time in terms of MMO's so I never got to play it and its the only MMO that I truly regret missing because everyone I've ever known who played it had nothing but amazing shit to say about it. If the sequel is even close to being a decent re-creation of what was in the original I will definitely be checking it out, but I'm not going to make any more of a commitment to it than that until we are much closer to launch.

Rhia likes this.
  15. hybrd Lord

How did I get involved in this, damn you Rhia, for me both of these games are way to far away to commit to anything.

16. Pookee Lord

Pookee is allergic to this shit.

17. Gedwyn A more canadian Cedwyn

I can't be the personnel officer I'm only checking the board once a week or so. ;)

18. Devilman Inactive Chapter Member

I am watching cu and I am excited we have options on what game to play. I am really excited for the variety of choices for classes. Interest is all I can offer until we see more polished games months away. Seems like some of us are in a waiting cycle for a new game to sink our teeth into.

Ichimaru likes this.
  19. Ichimaru Lord

When did you get promoted to Elder bro? :D

20. Leshil Warlord

Hmmm....

Knee deep in diapers still. CF looks most interesting so far.