D3 New Player FAQ/Guide

Discussion in 'Diablo III' started by qberto, Jan 28, 2016.

1. qberto Crowfall Leadership

This is a new player guide based on my experience with the current season of Reaper of Souls 2.4. I have been lucky to learn from more experienced D3 players such as Iseng, Sanjo, Argonix, et al so I wanted to share some tips for people who may be interested in trying out the game.

What is Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls?

D3 ROS is an action RPG. It is a game designed for solo play as well as up to 4 man group play. We are currently playing seasonal normal mode.

I want to play! However I am new and I am not sure if I can catch up. =(

Catching up is very easy. It literally takes less than 30 minutes to level you up to level 70 and get you 4/6 seasonal set pieces. Hop on Gamevox and any member can add you to our clan. I can powerlevel you to 70 if I am on or you can politely ask someone else if I’m not on. Once you get to level 70, you can run low level torments (torment is a higher level difficulty which gives better exp/loot) solo. Better yet, you can join one of many ongoing torment 10 difficulty games to get 100-200 paragon levels so that you can solo a greater rift 20 in order to complete your season set. This may take about 1-2 hours. Once you have 6/6 set pieces you should be closer to running max level torment games (t10) by urself.

I can’t decide what class to play!

All classes are viable for solo and groups at our current level of progression. However, if you are interested in really high level future 4-man group content, I would recommend rolling a barb, witch doctor, monk or wizard (the current 4-man meta).

My personal opinion on all 6 classes:

Barbarian – Pros- Very easy to play in groups and solo. Low gear requirement to run high level rifts. Good free seasonal set. Clan needs more support barbarians. Cons – I am a support barbarian so if you roll one, you probably won’t play much with me. =(

Crusader - Pros – Excellent free seasonal set (viable in groups up to GR90). Great for solo farming. Cons – Does not bring enough group buffs to make them viable for GR90+

Demon Hunter – Pros – Excellent free seasonal set (viable in groups up to GR90). Great for solo farming. Cons – Does not bring enough group buffs to make them viable for GR90+

Monk – Pros – support monks are needed for high level GR groups. Cons – Free set sucks. This means you will be weak and most likely be carried until you finish your support set.

Witch doctor – Pros – support WDs are needed for high level GR groups. Low gear requirement. Cons – I think the free set sucks?

Wizard – Pros – Main dps for 3-man and 4-man groups. Arguably the most important class for groups. Cons – Free set sucks. This means you will be weak and most likely be carried until you finish your DMO set. Very high gear requirement. You are doing most of the damage in the group so the group will be limited by ur dps/gear. Not recommended if you don’t have much time to play.

I have 300 paragon levels but I still can’t solo T10s. =(

Most likely you are missing something from your build. Diablo 3 is an easy game to pick up but hard to understand. There may be a core component of the build which you may have overlooked.

Examples:

Many builds require the ESOTERIC ALTERATION gem in order to help mitigate against the millions of nonphysical damage generated by mobs. Leveling this gem significantly reduces damage. My gem reduces nonphysical damage by 50% and does an additional 75% when my life is lowered.

Furnace is required in many dps builds. Most D3 builds are aoe builds so they use items like the furnace/bane of stricken etc to fix the hole in their offense (single target).

In my opinion, it is more important to make sure your build is complete than having 100% ancient gear. If you are not sure why you are struggling with your build, ask one of the higher level paragon players to look at your profile. If you google ICY VEINS, they usually have more in-depth explanations on how the builds work compared to diablo fans.

TLDR Recap-

If you want to jump into the game and start kicking ass early solo and in groups – Roll Barb/crusader/DH

If you want to build an end game 4-man – Roll Barb/Monk/WD/Wizard

If you want to play with your buddy – Roll Barb/wizard pair to ensure you will always be together.

Ultimately, it really doesn’t matter what you roll since making a level 70 alt takes less than 30 minutes and you keep all the gear/paragon levels.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    Sanjo and Ichimaru like this.