Dark and Light

Discussion in 'MMORPG and CORPG Gaming Discussions' started by Del, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Del Inactive Chapter Member

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.c...ons-PvE-PvP-Servers-Tameable-Mounts-More.html

JS: We’re planning on hosting both PvP and PvE servers so players can choose whether or not they want to participate in open-world PvP. Players killed in the open world will drop all of their currently held items and equipment, and they’ll have to respawn in a preset spawn area if they aren’t revived by another player.

My only fear is mount combat. Mount combat was extremely obnoxious in Black Gold Online, so hopefully they learned their lesson. BGO also had an extremely aggressive cash shop.

2. Jbigg Jay Biguos

From their website www.playdnl.com
    "Dark and Light,will be coming to Steam’s Early Access program this fall."

being as its early access on steam there most likely won't be an opportunity to beta/alpha test

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  3. Del Inactive Chapter Member

EA is supposed to start Oct-Nov, so it's not that far off. Curious to see what the cap will be per server.

4. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

That's one super hype vid, lol.

Also - it looks about like the ARK expansion.

5. Leshil Warlord

Keeping this one on my radar.

6. Iseng Warlord

I've been watching this closely. I will post when we have some concrete info.

7. Guilford Warlord

Also interested in this one

8. Soth Administrator

Looks pretty cool. I'm a little worried that it is supposedly only 1 month away from EA but most of what has been released is just concept art.

9. Iseng Warlord

Yeah that's part of the reason I'm not getting too excited Soth. Really using the wait and see approach on this one.

10. Jbigg Jay Biguos

I don't know about the previous release, but I had heard this is a game that had a failed release and then was bought and developed on for a bit.

11. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Ha is this a relaunch? Yes a good friend of mine bought this way back in the day and it was an unplayable mess.

12. Soth Administrator

From what I read it was originally a MMORPG that had a failed launch 10 years or so ago. Purchased by snail games and they changed it into a survival game ala ARK with MMORPG elements. Looks pretty bad ass, but yeah considering their previous problems it is hard to give them any credit until they deliver something substantial.

This is a pretty good video that breaks it down:

Shaylynne and Evoex like this.
  13. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Certainly interesting

14. MarleyTheMoose Radiohead Superfan

I am interested in this.... We'll see how it goes. Not on the hype train but I am interested none the less.

15. Iseng Warlord

^ still waiting

16. Glyph Forum Failure

That ui for inventory looks JUST like ark lol.

17. Iseng Warlord

It it does loo

18. Pickle New Member

Ark 2.0?

19. Iseng Warlord

Not a terrible thing!

20. endersadvocate Inactive Chapter Member

i cant believe they would reuse the name of the one of the biggest mmo fails ever.