Dead Island Epidemic

Discussion in 'MOBA Discussions' started by Likort, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Likort Destroyer of Forum Trolls

Homepage: http://www.deadislandepidemic.com/
    Sign-up Link: http://www.deadislandepidemic.com/signup_lightbox.php

Stunlock Studios (formerly BumbleBee Studios), the creators of Bloodline Champions, are working on a new game: Dead Island Epidemic.

They cut themselves free from their old publisher FunCom, who basically destroyed BLC right on release with a terrible business model, and are now on board with Deep Silver [click here for a list of published games], a well-known publisher from Austria that seems to have a much more hands-off approach.

From the Homepage:

ABOUT DIE

WHAT IS IT?

Dead Island Epidemic is a fast-paced action game where players will duke it out over supply points, using an arsenal of crafted weaponry, a bevy of devastating powers, and good old-fashioned teamwork.
    What makes Epidemic different from other MOBAs? Well, it's a ZOMBA!

Battle Royale: Epidemic's core mode features 3 teams of 4 battling it out in a competition to grab supplies, hold key points, outsmart the competition and blast through hordes of zombies.

Booming Action: You have direct control over your hero. No Last Hitting, mouse-click-to-move nonsense here - it's you, good ol' WASD, and your trigger finger, making it easy to hop in, no muss, no fuss.
    No idea what any of that means? No problem. All you need to know is that you need to point your crosshairs towards anyone and anything not on your team!

Craft Deadly Weapons: Fan favorite crafting is here from Dead Island, helping you get the edge (pun intended) on the competition and build an arsenal to suit your playstyle!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  2. Dogmatic Banned

Very cool! Dead Island was fun as fuck as is

3. Akkuma Member

I have some high hopes from these guys. BLC was goddamn awesome until Funcom took control of them and destroyed them in typical Funcom fashion.

4. Likort Destroyer of Forum Trolls

5. Xenogrant[Combine] Active Member

I could use a fifth game to play if there are extra keys, this seems like strictly co op game not pvp right? Been watching lets play all day at work.

6. Isy Lord

This game is in Open Beta. Download it on steam. Jbigg, Larry and I were playing it earlier today.

The game is tremendous amounts of fun. I don't see this being very PUG friendly though. You need a set group because voice coms are Key to making plays.

More people should try this out, it seems like something that could have an actual Future. If anyone wants to play let me know.

7. Mange Lord

I've been playing it for a couple months, I was hoping it would wipe since I wasted the "cash" basically power leveling my character when I didn't realize how hard that was to come by. If I get back in I'll hop in with yall

8. Lake Warlord

its not a bad game. It has a pretty competitive feel. At a minimum its a fun time waster for other titles out there. If anyone wants to play add me on Steam : Lake

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  9. Lake Warlord

10. Dogmatic Banned

im thinkin ill be spending some time in DIE again since the new patch. I enjoyed the hell out of this game when I went hard on it.

11. Isy Lord

Lets start it up again!

12. Lake Warlord

I'd be down

13. Lake Warlord

14. Mange Lord

I'm on right now and afraid of pugging Deadly.

15. Lake Warlord

seems like the crew is busy...

16. Isy Lord

Yeah I haven't been home the past 3 days. I will be home tomorrow though and I'm down if you guys are on.

17. Lake Warlord

@Isy I have a date with Evolve tomorrow. which means you should play it with @Jbigg @El Topo and I

18. Isy Lord

@Lake whats that?

19. Lake Warlord

Let me do you a favor

20. Lake Warlord