Dragon Age

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scarab, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Scarab The Mechanic

... is the shit!

I highly recommend it if you've enjoyed SW:NOTOR 1 or 2 Jade Empire, or Mass Effect. My only gripe is that its doesn't have Player Character dialog like in Mass Effect, but the game is huuuge... I've played it for 15 hrs and I feel that I'm barely scratching the surface. Buy it if you're a fan of Bioware.

2. Valor Buffalo Rancher

agreed. played about 6 hours... thoroughly entertaining.

3. Hmm I havent really played an RPG in a while. Im so used to MMORPGs. Might be a nice break from the Aion grinding.

4. thorizdin Administrator

Bought and downloaded it last night but I haven't played any yet.

5. Did you guys get it off Steam? And I hear there are some patches or some shit.. is that the Deluxe edition im reading about?

6. thorizdin Administrator

I did and bought (probably a sucker for it) the deluxe version.

7. Cedwyn Banned

I don't have cash right now but a friend is downloading it (non-legal) where there are 10 seeds and 30000 leechers. So after my midterms, hopefully I'll be able to check it out.

Wikipedia says that it is essentially a non-D&D Baldurs Gate. BG2 is one of the best rpgs I've played and I saw some combat vids on youtube for this game and they look really fun. I also enjoyed Mass Effect and can't wait to play ME2. Another hit for Bioware.

8. StaticBlack Member

Who would have thought that a dog would provide some very interestign conversations.

9. Detritus Lord

And therein lies my problem. I loved KOTOR, and Jade Empire was great but got really repetitive. I didn't enjoy Mass Effect or KOTOR2, though I agree the dialog system was phenomenal in Mass Effect.

So is this still recommended for me if I didn't like half the games listed?

10. zeta Lord

Do you like Baldurs Gate or NWN? If yes,then get it, if not, GTFO! :eek:

11. Akkuma Member

As someone who has played BG2, KOTOR2, NWN1 (2 I gave up on fast) I must say this game is awesome.

Bioware has essentially taken D&D and evolved it into a better real time experience without losing any of the strategy. Additionally, you can get a dog, a badass mofo dog that fights with you. I'd say that is nearly as good as Boo the giant space hamster.

12. thorizdin Administrator

He will only reach the awesomeness of Boo if I can teach him to go for the eyes.

13. Cedwyn Banned

Any swords that call you names?

14. Wuylith Member

Both those were the shit they were epic beyond proportions

15. Zema New Member

If you have the pre-order or deluxe edition DLC items. Don't make a Dwarf Noble. There is a bug that makes you lose the DLC items after a certain point.

16. GC Official Boob Inspector

I went with a mage. Lots of fun.

17. Atera Member

I've been playing this game since it launched...probably one of the best RPG experiences I've had in a while.

18. StaticBlack Member

Plus there's a cookie monster. I couldn't help but laugh for ages after that dialogue sequence, not just because it was funny, but because of the character it was coming from.

19. Rakaz Member

I'm having a blast with this game. I have not played this kinda of game in a long time, so it's a really nice change.

20. thorizdin Administrator

Very good game, and yes my hound is named Boo.