Fallout Vegas

Discussion in 'FPS Discussions' started by Mephiston, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Anyone who doesn't own Fallout NV fails at life

That is all. :cool:

2. Cedwyn Banned

Anyone buy it? Thoughts?

3. Yup, great game. It hearkens back to the originals by limiting your ability to become a god. Its still far easier than 1 or 2 from what I've seen so far.

I made a gun/survival/repair cowboy.

4. StaticBlack Member

Does it crash a lot?

5. Xenogrant[Combine] Active Member

I'm gonna rape the shit out of it, i loved the originals. Critical damage, head shot builds with high luck are the shit imo. Was rocking with it in the last last Fallout on hardest difficulty.

6. Kenai Lord

7. Garthilk General Badass

Crashes 2-3 times a day for me. Course I play like 6 hours in a sitting atm. But yeah, I've noticed this time that the game encourages you to stay on track more early in the game by surrounding you with more difficult stuff. Other than that, seems good. I like how the plot evolves the mid game, but kind of dissapointed by the explosion of story in the later aspect.

So far, it's a blast. I love it when your choices have repercussions. Remember the good old days when MMO's had repercussions for choices.

8. That shits fucking hilarious.

I haven't had any issues whatsoever, a few moments where I had some slowdown but that was it. And hell, my system is roughly two years old.

I like the old touches they brought back, different reputations for different factions and towns as well as less skill points to spread around primarily.

And the new crafting stuff looks good too. A ton of shit you can make from food to drugs to weapon mods.

Visual-wise there is a good deal that looks the same, particularly where people are concerned, but animations and such seem a bit more fluid so far.

And, good lord, now the pipboy light lets you see further than six inches in front of you.

9. Soth Administrator

Very similar to the FO3 - but the main story line is much less interesting ... at least in the beginning - i hope the story picks up soon.

Don't use the quicksave option. I lost 2.5 hours of game play and later found out steam cloud causes problems which erase your quicksave game sometimes. So use the standard save.

I had crashes, until i installed the new nvidia driver which was just released a few days ago.

Bottom line - if you were burned out on FO3 you'll prob still be burned out on new vegas. If you were hungry for more - FNV is for you

10. Xenogrant[Combine] Active Member

Re: Anyone who doesn't own Fallout NV fails at life

Thus life = video games.

You know you're on a gamer forum when...

11. Garthilk General Badass

What traits did people pick?

4 Eyes and Good Natured, though I think I should have picked the skinny arms for agility.

12. Xenogrant[Combine] Active Member

I went with built to destroy (plan to get repair fairly high) and kamikaze (for my sneak headshot build), after rerolling from the perk that gave more accuracy at expense of 20% loss of fire rate. Was just to painful, and that 20% fire rate uses up more vats. Also if you're new to fallout, 8int is a bare minimum so you get lots of skill train points. Maxing stats is bad because you can usually perma boost stats by one or two points throughout the game, so it's bad for min maxing since that points goes to waste.

My crit whore char was:
    Str 4
    Perc 5
    Endu 4
    Char 1
    Int 9
    Agi 8
    Luck 9

Definetly gonna do a second play through on that Hardcore mode once i beat the game.

13. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

I've never played any Fallout. Nor Halo. I gave up on FPS games after Action Quake 2 (which I was amazing at in college) because I never had a top tier system to complete, thus suffering from lag, smallass resolution, etc. Thanks for reaffirming my failure, Meph =(

14. fragnstein Member

15. zeta Lord

I picked it up last night but haven't had a lot of time to play yet... I went a AGI/PER/INT build with kamakazi and the wild wastelands traits--should be fun! Only about 2 hours in, but no crashes/bugs yet

16. I went wild wasteland and that accuracy boosting at the cost of 20% fire rate perk. Playing hardcore ammo has weight so I'd rather make my shots count.

Anyone tried a 1int build yet? I hear they brought back the retard dialogue.

17. Re: Anyone who doesn't own Fallout NV fails at life

But but but.. this game has a robot prostitute named Fisto. I figured it'd be right up your alley.

18. zeta Lord

I see what you did there... :cool:

19. Cedwyn Banned

So you can't carry around 937193 laser gun ammo?

20. Xenogrant[Combine] Active Member

Problem is it not only cuts down your dps 20%, but also costs 20% more vats action points, per shot, which is almost as huge as 20% dps loss.