Final Fantasy XIV StormBlood - June 20th 2017 - EXCALIBUR

Discussion in 'MMORPG and CORPG Gaming Discussions' started by Philoctetes, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

It's no secret that I love most Final Fantasy games and FFXIV is among them. I will likely be playing this expansion, how serious really comes down to the status of crowfall in June.

I tend to get sick of gear grinds pretty quick but tend to stick around FFXIV a little bit longer due to the franchise. Hopefully it remains fresh until Crowfall kicks in near the end of the year.

If anyone is interested in resurrecting the LotD chapter that would be neat.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood/

---

Sounds like this is happening, people are getting hyped.

Server: Excalibur

LotD already had a guild setup, I think, and we can do some stuff to get ready for the expansion.

https://discord.gg/UbmkbCn

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Evoex likes this.
  2. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

I may partake

3. Griffeth Destiny 2

Im game for it. The announcement of SAM as a DPS again has got me greatly interested.

4. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Updated OP to indicate server.

5. Dozel Member

i wish i could join you on that server, however when the game came out two of my RL friends and some of their friends went to Gilgamesh and over the years i've met cool people and don't know if i could just jump ship over here. but who knows, maybe i could make an alternate character here and go on from time to time :)

6. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Question is, who had control of the Guild when we packed up last xpac. @Haiden, @Ichimaru any ideas?

7. Haiden Lord

Not sure evo. I never had control sooooo

I did enjoy that game. A lot. Alas I'm still enjoying wow. Oddly

8. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

@Evoex Looks like I own the free company now.

Evoex likes this.
  9. Griffeth Destiny 2

How many of us are on servers other than Excal?

10. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Depends, if some of the old crowd come back they may already be on Excalibur still.

11. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

12. Haiden Lord

well i may be playing afterall...will see what happens with WoW now that the chapter is done

Evoex likes this.
  13. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

no worries, still 3 months to go

14. Guilford Warlord

I will be playing trying to decide if i want to start early or not is there a point to starting early?

15. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

How far behind are you?

16. Guilford Warlord

ive done heavensward and i plan on playing Sam in the next xpac

17. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Depending on how long you played Heavenward this is my experience so far. Keep in mind I made it to "end game" and the only thing left at the time was repeating the same raid over and over.

1. Still working on unlocking my high level dungeon duty finder.
    1.1 Unlock new trials
    2. When I left top gear score was around 200-230 maybe. Now it's 260 for regular dungeon grinding higher for raids.
    3. New story line BS to rush through.

Now, gear won't matter a whole lot in the new expansion as you end up replacing it pretty quick anyway.

AND I believe you have done all the content required to unlock Samurai.

The only reason to start now would be to progress further in the story, grind slightly better gear to prepare for easy leveling, or level other classes.

18. Kiwiness FFXIV Chapter

Evoex likes this.
  19. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Oh that's pretty cool since we're coming back anyways

20. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

@Philoctetes send me an invite assuming I'm on your friends list. If not can you add me? Evoex Rawr is in game character.

Gonna pickup the bundle for PS4 today