Free for All: Two weeks on a private Infestation server

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 11, 2013.

By Massively on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  1. Massively Member

Filed under: Screenshots, Video, Bugs, Business Models, Game Mechanics, PvP, PvE, Opinion, Free-to-Play, Hands-On, Free for All, Post-Apocalyptic, Livestream, Sandbox, Buy-to-Play

[​IMG]
    I remember when I first laid eyes on Infestation: Survivor Stories. It was GDC Online in 2012, and I did an interview with Alex Josef, Hammperpoint's Director of Communications. We made a quick trip to the press room, where he popped out a large gaming laptop to show me the game. I was really impressed with how simple its premise was: You're dropped in the middle of the wilderness, there are zombies all around, and you can starve to death. It felt great, as well, sporting realistic lighting effects and systems to simulate hunger, thirst, and sound.

So much has happened since that first meeting. I am very, very aware of all of the drama concerning the developers -- the name changes, the patches, the community issues, and so on. I am not writing this to discuss that part of the story. My specific goal over the last couple of weeks was to see whether playing on a private, paid-for server would give me a different experience than Massively's Mike Foster's. During his time with the game at launch he was, to put it mildly, miserable.
    Continue reading Free for All: Two weeks on a private Infestation server

[​IMG]
    Free for All: Two weeks on a private Infestation server originally appeared on Massively on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 18:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 11, 2013.