Front Pocket Wallet with RFID Blocking

Discussion in 'LotD Merchandise/Hot Deals/Sweet Gear' started by Evoex, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

So I have a huge problem with the classic wallet, it gets too freakin fat. Trying to pull that thing stuffed with a billion cards, receipts and money out of my pants is a bitch. For the past 3 years I've given up on it and just walked around with some bills and a few cards in my pocket.

The new RF bank, credit and ID cards are also the latest thing that people are starting to steal information from. So I've been looking for something to help block out the signals.

I found a solution for me that others may/may not be interested in. 48 hours left on the project, so make a decision fairly quickly :)

I ordered one in anodized silver w/ money clip.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124039987/the-bridge-front-pocket-wallet?ref=live

2. Jeer von Jeerington

I went in for one. My current wallet is falling apart and having something metal is appealing. Some of my pants have been ruined because I usually throw it in my front pocket and it tends to rub the fabric.

3. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

HERE

I keep a copy of SkyMall by the crapper and have seen those wallets for a while now.

A decent full replacement wallet is only like $20-$30

4. Tragedy Lord

Very cool find.
    I swear Kickstarter was built on wallet entrepreneurs!

Please do a review after u "break it in". I will hold off until the next batch rolls out.
    I keep my wallet in my front pocket, so this would work for me, + I am a titanium FREAK!

5. Piikaa Warlord

6. How does this kickstarted site work? If I pledge money do they send me one? Cause I would love one of those. But I don't want to send them money if it does not get me a product.

7. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

You can donate any amount to them for the project.

If you donate a certain amount (as specified on the right side of the screen) they will send you the listed version of the product.

8. Soth Administrator

9. Soth Administrator

Basically yeah you donate the amount they want and you usually get what you ordered.

I would say over 75% of kickstarter projects end up delivering much later than they plan. Most people who purchase already know that and are in no rush.

There is also a chance you will get no product, but it is relatively low, and generally if they can't deliver they refund.

Kickstarter is a pretty awesome site, I've donated on 3 projects so far, the wallet is the first one that I'm supposed to be getting. But if losing the money would cause you to go on a murder spree probably stay away - there is always a chance of getting nothing. There is a very good chance whatever deadline is set will be missed and take longer to get what you ordered.

10. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Had my wallet for a week and wanted to give some feedback;

Overall it's fantastic. The build quality is solid, the size, shape and function is exactly what I was looking for.

My only complaint is that the airbrushed aluminum front seems rather prone to scratches, left it in a pocket with some keys for a few hrs and I paid for it :(

11. Remec Lord

Fuck this! I'm never giving up my man bag! Yeah, It's for dudes.

12. Xenogrant[Combine] Active Member

Logistically not sure this makes sense to me if you can't keep it in the same pocket as the keys due to scratching. If you have keys in one pocket and your cellphone in the other, then where the hell are you supposed to keep it.

I wouldn't mind a slimmer modern style wallet, but i'd still keep it in my back pocket. Front pockets are for cellphone, keys, and i suppose I'd need a little pouch for change, not sure how to swing a wallet in there too.

The leather ainste one looks cool, although I think i'd still rather have a money clip than fumble with an elastic, and it doesn't ship til oct. Not really instant gratification I come to expect from online shopping and having it delivererd to my door next day.

13. Soth Administrator

got my leather one snd love it. Sometimes i do show&tell with my fat-wallet friends and their eyes fill with envy

14. Xenogrant[Combine] Active Member

correction on waiting til october, ordered the aniste one, they had the black saffiano RFID-less (don't care) version, should be getting it within the week. Had a pretty nice stingray skin wallet, but that thing is just too big and i sit in a computer chair for a living, looking forward to getting rid of the bulk.