Gaming room advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leshil, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Leshil Warlord

So my office is basically my 4th bedroom turned into a man cave with a sports/hobby theme.

I'm looking to "enhance" the gaming aspect of it.

Does anyone use:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Curved-34-inch-UltraWide-Display/dp/B016GNX4SE?th=1&psc=1

I currently use two monitors, but only game on one. I play all types of games and wanted see what everyone else uses to enhance their gaming.

I also want a new desk setup for gaming and less like the current "office" type desk I use.

Money is not an issue, so any ideas are welcome no matter the price.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. Pookee Lord

3. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Im a big fan of the 30"+ monitors. I gamed on an older 30" non LED monitor during ffxiv and it was pretty great. Just need to make sure you have the gpu power to push the pixels. Its not for everyone though. If you want to test the waters buy from somewhere with a great return policy incase its not what youre looking for.

Desk wise the dream for me is the custom ones where people mount the computer inside and have a glass/plastic top you can see through.

I plan to get back to it with a 22/24" on the side and use a suspended VESA mount for everything. The predator 34" is a great choice.

Leshil likes this.
  4. Soth Administrator

Fusako uses all that cray cray shit. @Kukiko give some advice to the old man, he needs yer help yung un.

Leshil likes this.
  5. Leshil Warlord

I currently use a single 980 with a 6700k cpu. From what I read the ti and the 1080s singles will do it. You think a 980 is enough for that Predator?

Evoex likes this.
  6. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Yeah it should be for now. Id look at some youtube reviews or anandtech. Those guys really get into performance.

Leshil likes this.
  7. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

8. Leshil Warlord

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  9. So you can watch the game while gaming

[​IMG]

10. Leshil Warlord

Omg...that yours or a pic you found?

I have that setup now btw with my flat screen on the wall. Just not the rest.

11. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

4k isnt worth it. Youll also have to likely go SLI or jump to a 1080

12. Leshil Warlord

So 21:9 > 4k?

13. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

In terms of?

14. Leshil Warlord

Just overall gaming experience. You've gamed with 21:9 and sounds like you think it's better than the 16:9

15. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

I cant comment as i havent gamed on 4k. In my opinion its not worth the price they are asking to get a full setup at those resolutions.

Yes i do favour widescreen gaming, i found it much more immersive.

16. Leshil Warlord

Ok. Should I try the single 980 first or go sli or even just get a single 1080?

Appreciate the help @Evoex

17. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Good question.

Maybe since its the best time of year to buy PC parts in the US it may be worth splurging on a new setup.

SLI has its own brand of issues - micro stutter, increased power consumption, etc. So im a big fan of single card solutions.

1080 might be too new to find any great savings on however.

Leshil likes this.
  18. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

I'm sure a 980 is fine for now. Of your end goal is crowfall you can upgrade the CPU next year. They keep getting cheaper and a newer card might support higher resolutions much better.

19. Leshil Warlord

I just upgraded to a 6700k on water at 5hgz with the new mobos and the new chip ssd. Great so far. I screwed up and bought a 980 3 weeks before 1080 release.

20. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Same here buddy... same here