Global Warming - More bad news

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hades, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes I mentioned creationism but it was as a whole, not just Christianity. You are making that assumption, not me.

2. Sithral Member

TRUE SIR

What form of creationism is it then that you believe in?

3. Jin Member

From wikipedia:

"A misunderstanding about this biological controversy has allowed the concept of macroevolution to be coopted by creationists. They use this controversy as a supposed "hole" in the evidence for deep-time evolution."

Get enough changes on the microevolutionary scale, and you will end up with a population no longer considered the same species as its predecessor.

4. Jin Member

I would look up macroevolution in a biology textbook or hell, wikipedia. Not from theistic propaganda.

While details of macroevolution are continuously studied by the scientific community, the overall theory behind macroevolution (i.e. common descent) has been overwhelmingly consistent with empirical data. Predictions of empirical data from the theory of common descent have been so consistent that biologists often refer to it as the "fact of evolution" (Theobald 2004). Nevertheless, macroevolution is sometimes disputed by religous groups. Generally speaking, these groups attempt to differentiate between microevolution and macroevolution, asserting various hypotheses which are considered to have no scientific basis by any mainstream scientific organization, including the American Association for the Advancement of Sciencehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Association_for_the_Advancement_of_Science.

5. Chupin Guest

The bible wasn't intended to be read as if it is presenting information in chronological order, just so you know Detritus. Anyone that tells you it is doesn't really know wtf they are talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.