Got a couple of questions about the packages.

Discussion in 'Crowfall' started by Glisseal, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Glisseal Lord

What stage is Crowfall Currently in?
    What is the best package to get?
    Will I be able to upgrade before launch?

2. PaleOne Tan IRL

I know gold gets you in Alpha

3. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

This is super confusing. I think the summary is:

$69 2017 Backer: play on 'live', 24/7 (soon) servers
    $99 2017 Bronze: play on some 'test' servers (maybe all)
    $179/$190 2017/2015 Gold: full access

Anything above there, you're basically getting a really good deal on VIP and potentially some stronghold assets. The smarter money at this point is on getting multiple $69/99 accounts depending on what your taste for new content is.

4. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

Yes, you can upgrade packages, but I doubt it makes a lot of sense. You can gift VIP, so just figure out how many accounts you want pre and post launch, then buy a larger account with the rest of the $$ you want to spend, and spread the VIP out across your accounts.

This game heavily rewards specialization, so for every different thing you want to do that isn't synergistic with your existing specialty you should use a different account.

5. Glisseal Lord

Well the $69 package sounds good and up grade to get the package with the fort if I want this as a long term game.

One more question:

Everything thats for sale in the shop is it possible to earn it in game by just playing?

6. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

7. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Keep in mind that all of the structures are only used in Eternal Kingdoms and have nothing to do with campaign worlds (where the vast majority of our gameplay will be) so don't spend too much on them.

Glisseal and qberto like this.
  8. Piikaa Warlord

...too late for me... lol

9. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Eh the higher tiers also come with things like more play time, higher capacity bank, and mounts. Not a total waste of money.

That being said they got super expensive after the kickstarter campaign because of the eternal kingdom crap. I kinda wish they had a package that focused exclusively on play time and campaign world benefits. Someone yell at Gordon about this because I would buy another account or two if they did this.

10. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

The VIP in the higher packages is a very good deal if you know you'll use it. Like 40% off if I remember correctly. There are lots of other, smaller perks as well, as Philo mentions. What I meant was that I believe that we have plenty of Stronghold assets between us; the value of having more gatherers and crafters far outweighs. It looks like to be self-sufficient, a guild will require at least ten gatherers and crafters in the Campaign Worlds, but to fully build out an EK requires about 33.

EKs will have an impact on Campaign Worlds except the Dregs, I think. I expect that is where we'll focus, but especially at launch, I think the server caps will be relatively low. We'll probably end up wanting to vie for control of multiple Campaign Worlds, and we don't know how many Dregs there will be.

When you consider the impact that even the 10/10 import/exports they're testing for this first test campaign world -- that's two suits of well-crafted armor and weapons. Even with durability loss, that is a huge benefit that can be acquired in two ways: doing well in Campaign Worlds, or contributing to a productive EK (not implemented).

11. PaleOne Tan IRL

Speaking of importing! Emu check your discord messages! I need mah stuff )

12. emutheblue Crowfall Leadership

Tonight!

13. PaleOne Tan IRL

online now!