Group Testing Schedule

Discussion in 'Crowfall' started by Philoctetes, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

@PaleOne

I think Crowfall is in a better testing state and we should start experimenting as a group more often. Just throwing out the idea of a schedule that LotD could promote as a fun way to test out PvP, Crafting / Gathering, and other aspects of the game. Obviously this wouldn't be required participation.

Starting out I would recommend once a week or once every two weeks.

Additionally I see this as an opportunity for us to interact with the Crowfall community and educate our current membership about the game. People could jump in and play (I would even be willing to share secondary accounts to people we trust) or simply ask questions in discord. When possible streaming could also happen.

--

A few ideas to get us started:

1. PvP night

Create two or three teams, one for each faction, and experiment with PvP builds and strategies. They now provide basic gear for free so you don't have to farm any materials. As long as we restrict the event to basic gear everyone is on the same playing field.

2. Crafting nights

Learn about action harvesting, different types of resources, craft more advanced gear. Maybe kill some people on the way...

qberto likes this.
  2. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

I WILL ACTIVELY SUPPORT ANYTHING THAT GETS MORE PEOPLE INTO THE GAME!

Crowfall like its predecessors SB and DF is a guild based game! You won't really enjoy yourself solo!

3. Asim Crowfall Tester

Count me in. I am anxiously awaiting access to 5.3.

4. Rhia Lord

The more I see, the more I'm interested, but @hybrd won't let me spring for a package with current access yet.

Hopefully this group testing goes well so I can convince him that it's worth the $$. Keep up the good work guys!

5. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

@Rhia keep in mind that all testing brackets eventually gain access to the test / live servers. The $69.99 package includes beta 1 access and they should be gaining access to 5.3 on test in a week or so. Based on previous test release patterns.

I would highly recommend against buying a larger package for alpha access alone, the rewards are kind of lack luster unless you really want eternal kingdom crap.

6. Rhia Lord

I'll keep an eye out for 5.3 access then. Definitely an option. Thanks!
    I'll try to resist, but I'm a sucker for shiny things. =(

7. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

How about Wed nights at 9pm EST?

Philoctetes likes this.
  8. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

I'll join you then for now and we can change it later if need be!

9. Glisseal Lord

Soon as they start the beta 1 access i will buy that $70 package. I will only be able to play on Sat/Sun/Mon.

10. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

I am not sure 5.3 will be back up and running by this wed.

11. Piikaa Warlord

I'm in for more testing.

12. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

13. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

It's Wednesday, I'll be around tonight.

14. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

If we want to practice PVP, I can set up my EK and turn on PVP.

Piikaa and Philoctetes like this.
  15. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Great idea. Can we transfer stuff from our own spirit banks into the EK?

16. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

yes but taking them in and out of the campaign world costs imports/exports. It might be better to requip there.

Piikaa likes this.
  17. Piikaa Warlord

You can go to your own EK and farm the basics to make what we want to test with.

18. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

Test Server/ campaign is supposed to come down at 11pm CST Monday- Make sure you take all your advanced equipment/ resources etc and spirit bank it before then-- or you will lose it! Press B to bring up your Spirit bank
    anything in your spirit bank can be pulled out in your EK or in the next campaign

19. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

Everyone with an account should be able to play 5.3 now on the LIVE server.

I will lead a group tonight if you want to get equipped and pvp

20. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Sorry I missed the event this week, super tired and sick. I'll hopefully be around next week.