GW is changing for the better .. (I think)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delta, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Delta Guest

arena net is soon to offer "pvp edition packs" for past and future expansion packs.

Note to mention they finally gave hoh a well deserved revamp (change it to 6v6)

2. Hades Lord of the Dead

At this point it doesn't matter to us what improvements they make, we're pretty set where we are until warhammer and fury come out.

3. KallDrexx New Member

Yay instead of giving us shit they should have to begin with (a decent fucking faction rate) we get to pay extra. Wow guys why don't I go back right now

4. thorizdin Administrator

I still play some, but very very casually. I really wouldn't mind anything else about the game if they made PvP characters as effective as PvE ones in PvP. The lack of armor swapping and only having half the number of weapon slots is far more of a punch in the face than having to earn skills. Getting the skills via PvP actually isn't bad anymore, even if you only do random arena, but not being able to compete at a high level unless you grind up several PvE characters pisses me off everytime I think about it.

5. Detritus Lord

This is being addressed with the release of Nightfall... I agree, this is a major annoyance especially for melee characters that need an elemental weapon, a physical weapon and maybe zealous... plus a vampric for when/if you get stuck on the map.

http://www.guildwars.com/insider/issue01.html#designerQA

6. thorizdin Administrator

There has been some debate about how that is going to be implemented, _IF_ they do this the smart way then I'll play more often.

7. Gauge Lord

well, based on what's out right now, GW is the most attractive thing to me, i got burned out in CoV but i think i could go back to GW if we decided to be competitive in it, though i don't know how to play anymore... i tried to log in and make a PvP character the other day and i couldn't remember how to balance skill choices and ability points for the life of me. Anyway, i'm not gonna jump back into the game unless the guild does, and since i think that's unlikely i doubt i'll be playing it any time soon.

8. Nihilaa Guest

GW was probably one of my favorite PvP game out there and was very disappointed when my guild couldnt make the commitment and ran to a carebear game like WoW. While not perfect, its still one of the most pvp friendly mmo out there with a very competitive ladder. Even playing it casually while waiting for fury would make me happy and its free.

9. Valor Buffalo Rancher

yeah, wife wants to start playing again and for me to play with her... wouldnt think about it unless guild started a chapter.

10. Delta Guest

I've read up on Fury, it sounds A LOT like Guild Wars (fury allows you to unlock skills and items completely from pvp, and so does gw now [UAX from HA and GvG, 1million+ Balthazar's Faction]

WarHammer...blah, all those mmorpgs are the same, linear grinds, sub-par end game pvp. At least GW offers different options; and in a couple more months will even expand on those options.

11. Cryo Guest

I tried to play GW, but I've no clue where to begin.

12. Valor Buffalo Rancher

post 400

13. Anyone have a GW account i can use btw?

14. Hades Lord of the Dead

If GW does the PVP box package or comes up with an economical way to get the skills and items we need with little grind, then it might be worth considering provided enough guild members gave it their support. However we've got three chapters now, and supporting more than two is challenging. In order to open a new chapter, we'd have to close an existing one.

15. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO does anyone have a GW account they dont mind me playing on?

16. KallDrexx New Member

hrm, I guess I can lend you my account. Let me look up the details and I'll pm it to you

17. BeastyBoy Guest

Does anyone have an old GW account they're not using I could use?

18. Delta Guest

19. Detritus Lord

Where did you get that sense of timetable? From what I was seeing Gaile was hinting at a simultaneous release. I think I'm going to hold off on buying until they release the PVP Edition, I'm not going to PVE anyhow.

20. Crispie Member

If Jou can remind me what the account e-mail was for his old Guild Wars account, I'll lend it to someone. Lost it when we moved to the new forum.