Hands on with the Elite: Dangerous alpha

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Mar 5, 2014.

By Massively on Mar 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM
  1. Massively Member

Filed under: Betas, Sci-Fi, Galleries, Screenshots, Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, New Titles, News Items, PvE, Hands-On, First Impressions, Sandbox, Crowdfunding, Elite: Dangerous

[​IMG]
    I don't have much history with Elite. I played the original, circa 1985 on my dad's green monochrome Apple II, but frankly I didn't understand a bit of it and subsequently went back to Sundog and subLOGIC's fledgling wireframe Flight Simulator as a result.

By the time Elite II and Frontier: First Encounters shipped in the early to mid 1990s, I was already losing copious amounts of my adolescence to Wing Commander, Privateer, and X-Wing, all of them of course indebted to the space trading flight sim thing that David Braben and Ian Bell published a decade earlier. For all intents and purposes, then, I'm an Elite virgin despite a lifetime of playing nearly everything in the genre it inspired.

And if the Elite: Dangerous alpha client is an accurate barometer, gosh have I missed out.
    Continue reading Hands on with the Elite: Dangerous alpha

[​IMG]
    Hands on with the Elite: Dangerous alpha originally appeared on Massively on Wed, 05 Mar 2014 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Mar 5, 2014.