Have a 980?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bushido, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Bushido Inactive Chapter Member

2. Gnarkiller Member

It was the 970 actually. Everyone who bought one got $30.00 back.

3. It's a trap!

4. Piikaa Warlord

I'm still running a GTX 750ti, so thinking about an upgrade once Crowfall comes to a point where we can play it on a regular basis. Any suggestions for increase in performance? Buy now or wait to do it towards the end of the year?

5. Supe987 Inactive Chapter Member

Almost always better to wait unless you find a really good Deal with a mail in rebate on top of it.

6. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Crowfall, like many MMO's is going to be pretty CPU heavy as well. I'm still running an i7 from 5 years ago and I'll likely upgrade when the game is released.

Personally I would wait as long as you can and buy within a few weeks of release. Prices go down, new stuff comes out.

Piikaa likes this.
  7. Piikaa Warlord

Same here, I have an old i7 CPU that for now is working well, but will be time to pretty much start from scratch once CF comes out. Thinking it's going to be "Merry Christmas to Piikaa" time...

Philoctetes likes this.
  8. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

I still have the same stuff in my signature - I don't plan to upgrade any components any time soon - but I will buy a second video card to SLI once a new game comes out.

2x 670 4gb super clocks should get me another couple of years before it's time to upgrade the whole system.

I haven't found a game yet that I can't play on max settings with a solid 50-60fps.

Piikaa likes this.
  9. Leshil Warlord

I run a 980Ti. Kicking myself though because I bought it early May just before the 1080s came out :( Great card so far though.

Piikaa likes this.
  10. Bushido Inactive Chapter Member

Yea I did the same thing sadly. However didn't have much of a choice to wait as the old card was dead. Hurts to see the power on the new ones for a fraction of the cost.