I need some advice (Buying a new Gaming laptop)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PaleOne, Nov 30, 2015.

1. PaleOne Tan IRL

Omfg

In taking it back tomorrow-- the tech said it had room for a second hard drive-- it doesn't...

2. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Haha you listened to a BestBuy tech!

Seriously don't listen to any of their employees. They are paid to sell warranties / services not actual products.

3. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Really? Most ROG laptops do, they just don't have the second 'drive bay' included. Mind you in haven't owned in almost 4 years

4. dainjre Member

Just gonna throw this out there, got the laptop I ordered and I'm loving it. I had to do a couple small things when it got here (change where temporary files were saved so they wouldn't be on my SSDs) but other than that I'm loving it. The keyboard is very nice and the tactile return from the keys feels nice to me while I'm playing wildstar and fallout 4 and paladins. Plus I got everything I wanted. :) I just had to wait a bit for it, unfortunately.

5. El Topo Lord

Origin is worth the money from what I have seen, but Sager as Soth suggested is very good to.

Cheap Gaming Laptop via Eurocom

6. PaleOne Tan IRL

Pulled the trigger on a different ASUS ROG

It will be here next week... On sale best buy online.... $1250
    • Windows 10 operating system
      Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. Learn more ›

• 15.6" Full HD display
      1920 x 1080 resolution produces crisp, sharp visuals. IPS technology for wide viewing angles.

• 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ processor
      Powerful quad-core, eight-way processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it, while increasing energy efficiency when you don't.

• 16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming
      Reams of high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications, as well as numerous programs and browser tabs all at once.

• 1TB hard drive and 128GB solid state drive (SSD) for a blend of storage space and speed
      The hard drive provides ample storage, while the SSD delivers faster start-up times and data access.

• Slide-off upgrade panel
      Allows easy access to the interior, so you can upgrade your system whenever you want.

• NVIDIA GTX 960M graphics
      Driven by 4GB dedicated video memory to deliver lifelike visuals for games and videos.

Evoex likes this.
  7. Ren Elder

No more excuses for inadequate healing in Crowfall! ;)

8. PaleOne Tan IRL

The hell with healing... I'm looking forward to KILLING :)

Wooglin likes this.