Is Crowfall worth playing?

Discussion in 'Crowfall' started by Santero, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Santero Member

How much time do you have to invest? I can't play the way I used to. Is it hard to up your skills?

2. Piikaa Warlord

I play 4-5 days a week, sometimes for 30 minutes and sometimes for a few hours. It's not a problem to play casual right now as it's only in Alpha and they are running a new campaign every few days. Mostly, you will want to get a good vessel, level it up to max, gear it out and you are then at a point to play around with crafting and PvP. It is really a fun time to play because they wipe the server and skills on a regular basis so none of the work "matters" other than learning how to play and seeing what you like.

3. Ren Elder

It's in an awkward spot where the vision and potential is now very tangible, but the testing population is quite low so there is more ganking than group fighting. And there is a steep learning curve. So there will come a time in the near future when suddenly lots of people want to play but they won't have the information base to be competitive.

A slow burn to start to understand the various game systems is well advised.

4. I've been waiting and watching. just starting to get into the game now. Do we have an active roster for the upcoming first Campaign?

5. Ren Elder

Most people are waiting to see when the population increases. There are only 200ish concurrent testers on any given night. That will likely change with the sanctioned campaign in a few weeks.

Piikaa likes this.
  6. PaleOne Crowfall Leadership

the game has a huge learning curve-- I highly recommend playing now to learn the game before the score counts.

Piikaa likes this.