LotD Southwest MeetUp: Feb 6-8th 2015

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Valor, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Valor Buffalo Rancher

slide.jpg

Kicking off 2015, I've invited everyone to come visit Austin TX the weekend of February 6th-8th to get together, enjoy some good food, some hard drinks and the city itself. We will have a nice contingent from town and look forward to those in the area who will drive in as well.

For anyone who would like to fly in and need assistance with where to stay, feel free to PM myself for guidance.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    BioGyver and Calebreth like this.
  2. Meta New Member

<-- Lives in Houston, always looking for an excuse to get to Austin

3. NightMist Member

It's great that I already live here for this.

4. Monos Active Member

Awwww yiissssssss... Dis gon be good!

5. Arclite Member

Gonna try to fly out. Someone remind me to look for tickets tonight

6. Arclite Member

Imma need help finding a hotel nearby the meetups

7. KrakenMeister Active Member

I'd like to but I ain't got no time.

Tickets are cheap though.

8. Hades Lord of the Dead

What about friends of LotD? We have industry peeps in that area that might want to meet up with LotD members for a social event too.

9. NightMist Member

My sister in law is a Manager @ a Marriott. I can try to get some good deals?
    (I know I got a great one going to Dallas one year, but Family..... so idk)

Arclite likes this.
  10. www.kayak.com, used to be sidestep.com and it was awesome - haven't used it since it switched to kayak though

Welcome to the forums, Meta

Seems like a good idea.

Someone drink a Black and Tan for me (or black&blue, or black&red)

Arclite likes this.
  11. Valor Buffalo Rancher

It would be fun to have any industry people show up, but there are a ton of ways that could go wrong.

12. Hades Lord of the Dead

Well you need to set a date, time, and location, and I can pass it along to some of my friends in Austin.

13. endersadvocate Inactive Chapter Member

anwedie cant go since they started to charge double for those who take up 2 seats on the plane.

14. Jbigg Jay Biguos

I heard it was because his skin started to infuse with the couch, and all the flatbed's that would pick him up have a weight limit.

15. Kbs plenish Active Member

I may be able to make it 7-8th

16. kyain Member

well you guys suck, i'll be in town the week of the 24th in irving-dallas area, you should postpone it :)

17. Setis Learned Man

Someone said they'd have hotel recommendations? Seriously considering flying out for this (and to visit someone else while I'm there :) )

18. Valor Buffalo Rancher

Depends on where you want to stay and where your friend is. But yes, there are some good options around. Can always just PM me for info.... as it said in the post.

19. kyain Member

I got cancelled for that week, I'm now heading to illinois instead on the 9th :(

20. Wooglin Inactive Chapter Member

For anyone needing a room i can get a company discount at Radisson downtown also. Its around 80 dollars for a room so pretty crazy cheap for here.