Massively's hands-on with WildStar's character creation

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 12, 2013.

By Massively on Dec 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  1. Massively Member

Filed under: Betas, Sci-Fi, Classes, Opinion, Races, WildStar, Subscription, Buy-to-Play

[​IMG]
    Character creators are a big deal to me. If I didn't have to make my characters quickly enough at launch to avoid losing my precious names, I would probably spend the better part of a month before clicking "create" the first time. So you know that the first thing I did when I sat down to play WildStar's recent press beta was to play around with the character creator.

All right, that's the first thing everyone does: You have to make a character, but I was playing that to win, people.

Character creation in MMOs usually falls short of what's offered in games like The Sims and Saints Row IV. At the low end you have games like Final Fantasy XI (pick a race, pick a face, pick a hair color, am I seriously done now?), and at the high end you've got Champions Online or the dearly departed City of Heroes. WildStar does not hit the high end, but it does do some things pretty nicely, even if it also misses some opportunities.
    Continue reading Massively's hands-on with WildStar's character creation

[​IMG]
    Massively's hands-on with WildStar's character creation originally appeared on Massively on Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 12, 2013.