MXM

Discussion in 'MOBA Discussions' started by Jbigg, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Thanks @Jbigg downloading now.

2. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Reddit had some additional points I glossed over, also you will find the node listing of all heroes useful so you don't need to look through each one. For example I have been running a lot of 1/1/4 masters together so my nodes were always 100% effective. This information was form the alpha. I added some additional notes in bold. I threw the node sets list to the first post of this thread for referencing.

• Attunement Damage is the extra damage you deal against Attunements you are strong against. The attunement system works like Pokemon. Fire beats Grass, Grass beats Water, and Water beats Fire (NOTHING BEATS FIRE, THOUGH, FOR REALS). That means Ardent beats Helix, Helix beats Kinetic, and Kinetic beats Ardent. (devs clarified it is 15% dmg bonus if you're strong and 15% damage penalty if you're weak)
    • Masters' node efficiencies follow a set number pattern. Lua, for instance, is a 2/2/2, meaning she can run 2 Offense/2 Defense/2 Aux Nodes at 100% efficiency. (The efficiency penalty isn't huge but if you're looking to min max you can run two masters from the same node set, or similar node sets, if you run 1/1/4 nodes and use Bumaro who is 1/2/3 you would only lose efficiency on 1 Aux node as Bumaro can slot the other 5)
    • On the same topic, the Node Sets, sorted by Masters using it, are as follows:
      • 2/2/2 (Lua, Taejin, Kromede, Tulam, Nedien, Statesman[new hero])
      • 2/1/3 (Demenos, R & B, Lorraine, V-Merang, Mondo Zax)
      • 3/1/2 (Poharan, Innowin, Vonak, Sonid, Merope)
      • 1/1/4 (Arami, Vita, Lilu, Nanurunerk)
      • 1/2/3 (Moro, Eirna, Bumaro, Maia)
      • 3/2/1 (MBA-07, Jinsoyun, Pancuga)
      • 2/3/1 (Death Knight, Ignuma, Rytlock)
      • 1/3/2 (Jingtai, Kat the Cat)
      • 4/1/1 (Dr. Raoul, Shizuka)
      • 1/4/1 (Koom)
    • With that being said, I think for general purpose usage, 2/2/2 is the best line to drop nodes into. Honestly though, it all depends on the Master pool you plan on sitting on.

• (Wiki still says this is PVE Only) Character upgrades affect Ranked Arena. (Ranked at 100% and normals at 50%, it was thought by many alpha players that these little upgrades you could do were all PVE only, in my mind this ruins the competitive integrity a little already having a league of legend model where you have to unlock Masters and skills and also having upgrades you have to do on those characters)

• Merope and Maia need to be on separate players to gain their [Networking] passive. Tested this on Master Training Arena. Taejin holo took 93-97 damage with AND without Maia, and MBA-07 took 63-67 damage.

• Your ability skill levels are shared between Masters, so make sure that whatever you are leveling first on both Masters need to be on the same button. For example, I want V-Merang's Arcblade and Maia's Combat Protocol maxed out first. That means I have to bind them both on the same button, which in my case, is Q. If Arcblade is on Q and Combat Protocol is on E, you won't level them evenly.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  3. Zaltex Lord

I just had my account flagged for access without every having to put in a key. I was on the e-mail list and they sent me a link to click on and it gave me access. I'll try it out some this weekend. I've watched a few streams and it looks pretty fun.

4. Iseng Warlord

same DLing it now play in a bit

5. Jbigg Jay Biguos

supposed to release at 10AM PDT

6. Iseng Warlord

yea ill be in discord

7. Jbigg Jay Biguos

server seems to be up

8. Sarge Lord

I played it for awhile last night. Its not a bad game at all. Ill be on friday night late like midnight EST. I was looking for the best healer option and was not finding the one that I like.

my name in game is MadCyric

9. Iseng Warlord

We played most 0f the day yesterday. Pretty good game imo.

10. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

I also played for a few hours.

Overall I think it is OK but I question its ability to become a competitive North American MOBA like Dota 2 or League. I'll try to explain a bit below:
    • Weapon upgrades
      • Weapon upgrades use items obtained in game via PvP / PvE content and the stat boost applies to both.
      • You MUST do PvE in order to upgrade some heroes
      • Obviously this means that people who play more get more upgrades due to having more items.
      • Could potentially bring a Pay 2 Win aspect to the game via PvE tickets which are used to select "stages"
        • Some upgrade items are only available at specific stages and stages are on a random rotation unless you have a ticket
        • It is possible they will add these items to the cash shop directly even if they are not present now
    • Balance
      • Games like Dota 2 and League put a lot of effort into balance. With so many heroes AND the duel hero system I fear it may be impossible to actually balance things.
      • Note that I'm not sold on the two hero swap system.
    • The lobby is terrible and I have no idea why it exists aside from blasting k-pop in my ears
    • The game is obviously built around micro transactions
      • Skins for heroes are fine
      • Being able to buy items for upgrades / skill boosts / utility packs is not

Things that I like:
    • Games are time boxed to 25 minutes
      • Just to compare the average Dota game lasts 25-60+ minutes these days
        • because im bad

EDIT: PS not saying the game isn't fun.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  11. Iseng Warlord

You don't Have to pve. The rewards you get from PvP can be used to buy all that stuff

12. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Nope, some upgrade items can only be obtained in PvE instances. In this case I'm talking about that AION hero.

13. Iseng Warlord

Can buy anything with the orange stuff without doing the pve btw.

14. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Not for that hero. Some items cannot be purchased.

I realize for most heroes this is not the case so it doesn't apply to like 90% of people.

And now I realize how odd that is to have that requirement for only a few heroes.

15. Iseng Warlord

Which one I'll try tonight.

16. Jbigg Jay Biguos

So the heroes you bypassed with the orange credit iseng, if you try to upgrade the weapon passives themselves they still require that special item.
    I was farming the ascalon catacombs this morning, the rytlock item is pretty easy to come by.

17. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Just wanted to address a few things about this that are factually inaccurate or incomplete.

PVP can get you nearly everything, PvE is required for 5 masters currently that have special PvE stages brought over from other NCSoft games and these stages are all open at scheduled times. Ascalon Catacombs for Rytlock for example. Ascalon Catacombs was the scheduled stage when I logged on this morning and I quickly grabbed the required items to unlock my weapon upgrade. I would estimate based on my play this morning, It would take about 3-6 hours of PVE to fully unlock all items needed to upgrade my chosen weapon passive, another 3-6 if I chose to unlock the other two passives

This is not true. The items that phil is concerned over are all not in the random stages, they are on a scheduled rotation, talked about this above

For reference the time required to unlock nodes in this game in the beta is much less than to unlock runes in League of legends. You cannot buy items for upgrades (this was speculation about what may happen in the future on phils part); skill boosts or utility packs are PVE items only.

Overall, its always a negative when players are forced to unlock things if a game does try to be a competitive esport, but currently this is in the middle of League and Dota's models, LoL being the extreme. If they add in these stage specific items to the battle medal merchant as they have with all other materials then pvp and pve can be played separate form one another.

Philoctetes likes this.
  18. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Thanks for correcting a few things.

19. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Ranked 5v5 (solo/duo queue) will be launching tonight at 11pm CST, it will be open this final week of testing through the 27th

20. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Beta is over, highest I got in ranked was top 20 NA.

Overall I think this game is very fun and I do plan to play it when it releases or if they have an open beta in the future. We had a lot of feedback and discussion with developers during the beta and found many broken things that will be fixed/adjusted, as well as some straight game-play mechanics on the 5v5 map that will be reevaluated prior to release.

This is the fastest paced moba I have ever played and is very actiony with all masters having a stamina bar and survival skills. It plays like Battlerite/Blood Line Champions as a MOBA