My New Build, just ordered, Set for a few more years

Discussion in 'LotD Merchandise/Hot Deals/Sweet Gear' started by Calebreth, Jun 19, 2014.

1. xenon Dutch Elder

Very nice setup.
    Got 1 or 2 or 3 questions though.

Why did you pick a Radeon ? (Really just curious. I always buy nvidia, so I'm curious how the stability is with their drivers these days..)

Also question about the memory :
    Is that memory what Asus recommends as being compatible with their mainboard ? Or did you pick it just because it's uhh fast ?

How much "maintenance" is that watercooler thing ?

2. Ren Elder

The closed loop watercoolers (which that one is) have come a long way in the last couple years. I would not do an open system again - too expensive and too much maintenance.

3. xenon Dutch Elder

Alright something for december rig update prob...

4. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

AMD is best bang for your buck performance wise, has been like that for the last few generations. Drivers have also come a long way.

5. xenon Dutch Elder

Hmm, ok. Still a few months away. Guess I'll just keep my eyes open, right now my GTX 690 performs good enough, no reason to upgrade to a R9 295X2.
    But that watercooling looks promissing. Less noise is good, right ?

6. Leshil Warlord

Damn, Evoex..AMD really? I would have thought the Bulldozer debacle was enough to know Intel chips are the best period.

2600k@4.8ghz on a single cpu loop on 4 years now. Best bang for the buck for me!

7. I hvae the 2600k right now and it is really shitting the bed for me, which is why I'm getting a new rig. It lets me play but not the way I want. I want to stream and do all kinds of other shit too, but nope, wont let me.

8. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

GPU not CPU, enough drinks for you sir.