Need a new TV

Discussion in 'LotD Merchandise/Hot Deals/Sweet Gear' started by Piikaa, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Piikaa Warlord

Looking to replace the old Sony 60" in the bedroom with a new one for sub-$500.

Features I'm looking for:
    - 42" display or larger (up to 65")
    - smart tv, so can stream
    - 1080p or better resolution

I have the 65" 4k Ultra HD in the den, so don't need to drop alot of money for something to watch tv in the back. I like Samsung so I can mirror, but not stuck with it.

Suggestions on who has the best deals this week? Superbowl Sunday week is typically the best time of the year to buy, so figured I'd check here to see if anyone has any suggestions short of walmart.com / bestbuy.com / target.com / Fry's?

2. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

Just did a quick search for ya - there's not a ton of sales going this time of year though.

Also - 60" for a bedroom is freaking HUGE - unless your bedroom is gigantic.

Here's a few around 50 inches:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/32194913687...p_id=117&ipn=icep&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00TRQPI50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-UN4...1918575432?hash=item4af3d7a348&rpp_cat_id=106

We bought 65" Vizio M-class Razor LED 240hz passive 3D TV this last year - and I'm super impressed. We had a 55" viera and it was fantastic - just wanted something bigger with passive 3D. Watching a bluray 3D movie like LOTR or some action movie is better than going to the IMAX. We also have a smaller 32" passive 3D vizio for our bedroom - which will more than likely go to the kids when they get a little older for console gaming in the Rec room.

3. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

The day or week after the Superbowl is where you can find some crazy open box TV's. People buy them for their big parties then return them after it's over.

Best buy is notorious for allowing this - so I'd hit them after the big game.

4. Piikaa Warlord

Yep, this is what we are thinking. I just didn't want to spend $200 to replace the bulb in the old TV when I can put something else in it's place. I have a 32" in there for now and it feels like a 25 year time machine trying to watch something so small.

The distance from the screen to where we have the pillows on the bed is 22', so it's not tiny...

5. Piikaa Warlord

6. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

We had a Samsung 55" in our old bedroom/house - but it lit the room up too much - was irritating when watching something while trying to fall asleep (especially for anyone not watching the TV) even with the brightness/backlight turned down - it was just too much screen.

It's an awesome Tv though - still in use over at my parents in their den. Only gets used when we go over to family stuff.

Sucks because our room is big enough now - but there's no walls actually big enough to hold a 55, lol. Our room is the only 1 like that in the house too. The kids rooms could hold 65" Tv's...

There's 2 closets, 2 other doorways (hall and bathroom) and 2 big windows - just no room for anything but the 32 to fit, haha.

7. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Avsforum.com for all your spec questions and or owner discussions!

Piikaa likes this.