Need help deciding what computer parts to buy? Look here.

Discussion in 'LotD Merchandise/Hot Deals/Sweet Gear' started by Akkuma, May 9, 2013.

1. Akkuma Member

http://anandtech.com/show/6934/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-single-multigpu-at-1440p

The largest takeaway from the testing is if you only care about gaming on your computer then you can get away with a cheaper CPU and put that money into a better GPU. If you run a multi-gpu setup (two gpus) a better cpu will still only show minor benefits. If you do "serious business" kinds of things on your computer as well your cpu will matter outside of gaming and this more than likely includes streaming.

2. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

Honestly - that tech is too 'new' (to consumers) and 1440p isn't even really available to the public - compared to 1080p - which is horrible on larger LCDs trying to read txt/font/games - unless you're playing on a console and sitting 10+ feet away.

i7-2500/2600k + a good p67 mobo and a good nvidia (screw ati) video card, 8/16 gigs of DDR3 16000 and a Crucial M4 SSD (cheap, fast and reliable) a good 800+watt PS and you're golden.

Price VS. Performance - you'll hit a ceiling at some point where you're just paying for the latest and greatest - that's not worth it unless you have the money to burn to get that extra 50/10% performance.

3. Leshil Warlord

Over 2 years on a 2600k@4.5ghz. Best cpu I've owned.

I did read an article last summer that talked about how the more L3 cache a cpu has the better for gaming.