New content

Discussion in 'Path of Exile' started by Lake, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Lake Warlord

anyone still play this? I might play to check out the new content.

2. Jbigg Jay Biguos

I would be up for some hardcore ladder

@Valus @Soth @Massium who else played with us last time

Who had the Alch addition, I forget
    Edit: @Wuylith

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  3. Jbigg Jay Biguos

The current long league ends in 5 days. I assume anothe will start after that. Enough time for people to get used to the new mechanics if we play.

Lake likes this.
  4. Valus Administrator

Find me on TS. Lets talk. I always loved the game.

5. Jbigg Jay Biguos

@Mad downloaded the game today

6. Jbigg Jay Biguos

7. Argonic Lord

I'll look at it. Been diabloing lately

8. Lake Warlord

I'll re download it tomorrow

9. Jbigg Jay Biguos

There is actually a closed beta for their new expansion coming out in 5 hours. I just applied to see how easy it was to get in

EDIT:
    according to this its all random
    "When the countdown hits zero, the Closed Beta servers will become live. The Beta Invite Timer will then start selecting users at the rate of one per five minutes. As soon as we can, we'll invite Alpha testers and certain Streamers to the Beta to join the members of the public who are selected."

10. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Last Race (Season 11) end on March 14th, unsure whne the next one kicks off; I would imagine soon if they have already gotten 11 in.

11. Lake Warlord

I signed up for the beta. I need to play to figure out the tree, skills again. Inhave a 67 standard Templar with all my points back. I was running a chain lighting build but that got nerfed around the time I stopped

12. Lake Warlord

That and I still have 20+ exhaulted

13. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

I downloaded the game to try it out and it reminds me of diablo. Are rangers any good?

14. Lake Warlord

Yes, all classes can be played all kinds of ways. I'll be in in a few going to the gym

15. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Phil a basic outline is that any class can be anything, something like a Marauder wouldn't be able to levelup casting spells though since they have no int nodes, they wouldnt get into that until late game.

For a general rule of thumb here is a overview, Witch is Int, Ranger is Dex, Maurader is STR, Templar is STR/INT, Duelist is STR/DEX, Shadow is DEX/INT, Scion is a mix of everything, starting in the middle of the skill tree

Check out some builds on their forums to get a basic understanding of how things play out. Also whether you are on Hardcore or Softcore is a massive difference in how you build your character.

16. Jbigg Jay Biguos

I don't think I can play standard, I have deleted every character to ever make it into the scrub league :)

17. Jbigg Jay Biguos

We are rolling on normal hardcore, unsure if they are going to have another league since their expansions's beta just started.

18. There shouldn't be any 4-month leagues starting until the new expansion kicks off, which will be sometime during the summer. Forgot the date. I was playing Bloodlines and the 1-month Torment/Bloodlines HC leagues, had a good bunch of fun in there, but I'm likely to lay low until the content drops off.

Unless I get in the beta!

19. Lake Warlord

If anyone else is interested we just started today. Roll hardcore and let us know

20. Valus Administrator

There isnt any such thing as Standard. Standard is for idiots who dont know how to play (no offense lake if you're an idiot who doesnt know how to play). You need to be in hardcore. I checked and I have a 68 ranger still in Hardcore. Ill mess around with it.