New LotD Banner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hades, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Doc Guest

It looks good but it should say "DOOM 4" instead of "LOTD".

2. Jin Member

huh?

3. Valor Buffalo Rancher

jin, just wanted to say, i thought it looked great and I see pretty clearly that a skull represents an "O". anyways yeah.

4. Hades Lord of the Dead

I like that. The O is still difficult to determine though unless you already know who we are.

5. Valor Buffalo Rancher

Ill be working on one. SOCOM Funded photography manipulation software ftw.

6. Palebrew Inactive Elder

might want to leave the S off LotD though

7. Palebrew Inactive Elder

I'm thinking we could go away from bleeding letters for a few years

8. Jin Member

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. But looking at the old one, I figured you guys wanted them. I actually went out of the way to make the bleeding letters less cheesy (the original font was more liquid blood-like, not jagged).

So, from your and Hades suggestions, I can go for a more modern font, any ideas (fonts you are looking at)? Also, I'll cut out the WHO logo for the O, as its confusing unless you already are familiar with the LotD acronym.

You want the LotD skull as the "o"? Or just use the letter "o"? I'll also try to make the contents a bit more interesting...I'm still trying to learn how to make digital gfx. :-\. Let me know about the other problems that need to be fixed.

9. Hades Lord of the Dead

I don't care about the bleeding letters. After all we are the Lords of the Dead, not Lords of the Dance. Evil themed logos are what I prefer.

10. Palebrew Inactive Elder

just an O and whatever fonts are free, maybe make some transparent lotd samples in different fonts once we find one we like we can apply it to banners. Also do the samples in 555x105ish.

11. Hades Lord of the Dead

I think Palebrew is a Lord of the Dance.

12. Palebrew Inactive Elder

you're the lord of my pants....

13. creepy much?

14. Valor Buffalo Rancher

[​IMG]

first of many... just say what you will and make suggestions what to put into it.

15. It sucks.. But then again i can't make anything but stick figures.. so GJ ;)

16. koto Lord

It looks like something from the film Hackers which would pop up on their laptops when they were fucked.

Its to shiney, i think you should make it darker.

But props to my sig valor its excellent!

17. Palebrew Inactive Elder

our motto is "Killing with Style" and I like the direction but it needs to be darker like koto said. and the font is too messy to read well.

18. Valor Buffalo Rancher

can the banner be bigger than the one we have... its currently about the width of a typical sig, but about 50pixels thinner

19. Jin Member

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel

20. Valor Buffalo Rancher

[​IMG]

ok, next submission