Nvidia Shield Tablet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Georgetta, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Georgetta Gear Level 9000

Cata got me this for my birthday and its awesome! Aside from being a normal tablet, it has the Nvidia Experience app on it. This app lets you stream games either from your PC or you can purchase them from their online library.

Simply put, you can stream BDO, Steam Games - basically any game you have on your PC - over a Wi-Fi connection. Originally I thought it only supported a controller - but you can connect a bluetooth mouse and keyboard to it!

https://www2.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/tablet/

There are two semi-downsides:
    • You have to have an Nvidia graphics card in order for the Nvidia Experience app to install / run (meaning, if you have Raedon or anything else, it wont let you stream)
    • You cannot program custom keys on your mouse (I'm sure someone smart can figure this out)

I travel for a week at a time usually once every 2-3 months. I figured if there are any other semi / regular travelers out there they may be interested!

So far I have tested it on my normal wi-fi connection at home. Ill let you know next week after I try it on shitty hotel wi-fi how playable it is! (i.e. could you pvp over the connection)

Lake likes this.
  2. Georgetta Gear Level 9000

So far, this is not standing up to shitter hotel wifi. I was not able to connect at all.

However, I was able to turn my phone into a hot spot and connect to BDO for a few minutes last night. There was definitely latency, but it was enough to get scrolls, feed workers, etc. You could prolly life skill on it - but i dont think pve / pvp would be wise.

3. Leshil Warlord

The big issue with these is the wifi btw.

4. Georgetta Gear Level 9000

Yeah. Its a bit disapointing. I am hoping the single player games fair better.

Its -8 outside, so I have plenty of time at night to play around with it lol