Overwatch Statistics and Mechanics

Discussion in 'Overwatch' started by Jbigg, May 18, 2016.

1. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Overwatch Stats and Mechanics

This spreadsheet has damage statistics. The spreadsheet also goes through spread, damage fall off over distance, and other mechanics of the game which are not obvious without testing.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...PbL3QlPEAazvxBUanmIcLPsKC0/htmlview?sle=true#

Here is a very well made webstie for all stats regarding heros and their abilities.
    http://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/

Quick spreadsheet for counter-picking
    updated chart
    [​IMG]

Additional Notes from watching VODs
    • Mercy revive is 15 meters, this was nerfed from 40m
    • Zenyatta - if you lose line of sight of an orb target for 3 seconds, your orb falls off of them and returns to you.
    • Common competitive team composition is 2 healers 1-2 tanks and 2-3 dps
    • High noon can start locking on players that are ressurecting, instantly killing everyone again once the ressurect completes.
    • High noon returns 50% ultimate if never fired.
    • Throw McCree stun (E) over Reinhardt shield to get a stun.
    • If you get a head shot your reticle will flash red.
    • Awesome tricks/jumps Pro-tips [link]
    Reddit tips and tricks - taken straight from reddit threads. /r/competitiveoverwatch

Overwatch Canceling Tutorial

Advanced Bastion Guide

Lucio Wall Riding Guide (Thanks to Devilman)

CaptainPlanet Stats mania
    This dude's website is amazing so many stats to backup rankings of heroes in competitive. http://www.planetoverwatch.org/11-overwatch-hero-meta-report-the-grand-beta-review

Important Option Changes

Thanks to @Devilman for the below contribution

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Kejo, Philoctetes and Valor like this.
  2. tordana Active Member

I'm not sure if I agree on all of those counters, but it's a good base to start from. Some good stuff in your other notes though, it's really useful to know that you can high noon while people are rezzing.

3. Valor Buffalo Rancher

The resurrect is considered complete when the targets are no longer gold? I just wanted to know if there was any latency to that at all.

4. Jbigg Jay Biguos

I don't think they can take damage or move or use abilities until they are not gold, not positive though. In the pro game the McCree had a full lock on all ressurect targets while they were still gold though. For latency they have been changing there netcode, they talked about it several times throughout the VODs that they have been testing out different netcode and how it had effects on the tourny's that are always cross region. During open beta I definitly felt the getting shot around corners, so currently, if you are on someones screen while they shoot you will die even though on your screen you around the corner. You will see in the kill cam, that you weren't around the corner or weren't all the way to healthpack yet.

@tordana yeah the counter table is definitly just a starting point for new players to hop in quickly.

5. Valor Buffalo Rancher

I saw that McCree kill, that's why I asked because he clearly locked onto them but I couldn't tell if he activated it before their "gold" status wore off or if as soon as the skulls showed up, he was able to kill them through the revive.

It will be interesting to check on.

6. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Updated: added in a sweet video series, pro-tips flanking jumps and such.
    [Link]

Philoctetes likes this.
  7. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

this is awesome. good find jb.

Philoctetes likes this.
  8. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Holy shit that turret video is mean.

9. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Updated.

Added more developed character counter chart.
    [​IMG]

Valor likes this.
  10. Jbigg Jay Biguos

UPDATE:
    New section - reddit guides from /r/compeititveoverwatch
    Added
    Overwatch Canceling Tutorial
    Advanced Bastion Guide

Updated
    stats website to a better option

11. Jbigg Jay Biguos

@Devilman
    can you run down your options speech here, I will edit it into the OP and we can just point people here next time.

12. Devilman Inactive Chapter Member

Soth likes this.
  13. Devilman Inactive Chapter Member

Wall riding with lucio