Second Wind: City of Steam: Arkadia

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 27, 2013.

By Massively on Dec 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  1. Massively Member

Filed under: Fantasy, Opinion, Free-to-Play, Browser, Hands-On, City of Steam, Second Wind, Steampunk

[​IMG]
    I've been rooting for City of Steam ever since it was first announced, mostly due to my sheer love of the steampunk genre. We've got high fantasy and gritty sci-fi games galore, but steampunk has been largely neglected in the realm of gaming.

That's why it was so disheartening to hear that City of Steam's first incarnation (of which I spoke rather highly when I saw it at PAX East in early 2013) would be shutting down after only about five months of opening its doors to players. It was a bold move for Mechanist Games to make the jump to self-publishing, and when I saw the game featured on Kongregate, I decided I'd check and see how the troubled title was holding up in its new form. The question is, does City of Steam: Arkadia manage to stoke the fires or is it just a bunch of hot air?
    Continue reading Second Wind: City of Steam: Arkadia

[​IMG]
    Second Wind: City of Steam: Arkadia originally appeared on Massively on Fri, 27 Dec 2013 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 27, 2013.