Shaylynne's WTF Deals

Discussion in 'LotD Merchandise/Hot Deals/Sweet Gear' started by Shaylynne, Mar 30, 2011.

1. I'll likely post electronic deals with a few WTF deals here and there. If you need to score a deal on something - post here and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Let's start off with a nice laptop! Sanjo picked one of these up last night. It has the new 2nd gen sandy bridge.

-----------------------------

Dell XPS 17 Laptop: Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz, 6GB DDR3, 640GB 7200rpm HDD, 17.3" HD+ 900p LED, 1GB GeForce GT 550M, Blu-ray Drive, WiFi N, 9-cell Battery, Win 7 Prem $915 shipped.

Dell has Dell XPS 17 Laptop on sale for $915 with free shipping. (sorry, you have to scroll down the page like a mile).

Click here
    1. Choose the following configurations:
      • Tray Load Blu-ray Disc BD-Combo [Add $100.00]
      • 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery [Add $40.00]
    2. Add to cart
    3. Apply the following coupon codes:
      • $300 off with code 8GHR80Q1PLLCF7
      • $100 off with code QFSNKXG0P1S1BK
      • Free shipping with code HLSKSR06S9ZG0F
    4. Total should be $914.99 with free shipping
    Specs
    • 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.00GHz
    • 6GB DDR3
    • 640GB 7200RPM HDD
    • 17.3" HD+ 900p LED Display with 2.0MP HD Webcam
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M 1GB graphics with Optimus
    • Tray Load Blu-ray Disc BD-Combo
    • Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000
    • 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    [​IMG]

2. Akkuma Member

Damn that is better and slightly cheaper than the laptop I got for my girlfriend in December.

3. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

Holy crap. My work laptop (which plays Rift fine) is a i7 with 4GB of RAM, 250G 7200RPM HD and DVD burner with 17" screen (nice screen, too), Office 2007, and win7 Ultimate and work paid about $2100 for it. That was 16 months ago, but still cool to see prices have dropped that much.

4. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

I cant wait to get this thing.

It wont be long before I will be playing on a laptop period.

The main reason before was the expense of upgrading, you simply CANT with a laptop - Ram and HDD, thats it.

For $1000...The cost of a cpu and videocard upgrade for my big desktop I can buy a whole new laptop. Yes the screen isnt 24" and the mousepad sucks BUT I can HDMI my LCD and USB my a new keyboard and mouse pretty easily. My only complaint would be I cant dual monitor BUT YOU CAN :) Just use the laptop as the secondary monitor.

I'm really just rambling but I can't help it - I'm excited =p

5. Palebrew Inactive Elder

I want one :( bad time in life for such a great deal

6. 15" similar to the one above, a few things different - HD screen on this one, smaller hard drive, 6 cell battery, etc.

XPS 15 Laptop 2nd generation i-7 (quad core) 6GB/500GB/1GB graphics card with 1920x1080 resolution for $980 Dell is offering $430 off their XPS 15 laptop for a few days only: Link [dell.com]

For those of you that want the full HD and a blue-ray player this is a pretty good deal.

Add coupons: 932N$0ZCCHWZB9 and HLSKSR06S9ZG0F for free shipping and $70 off
    Total comes to $980 down from $1480

Specs:
    • 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM (Quad Core) processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus
    • 6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
    • 500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • 15.6 FHD B+RGLED TL (1920x1080) and Skype-Certified 2.0MP HD Webcam
    • Tray Load Blu-ray Disc BD-Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD) -- Upgrade to BR writable for $75
    • Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000
    • 56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
    • Standard Keyboard - English -- Upgrade to back-lit for $40
    • Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card
    • Standard USB 3.0
    • Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
    [​IMG]

7. And here's a WTF deal for ya =p

Cirque Du Soleil: The Beatles LOVE $76

Cirque Du Soleil is offering The Beatles LOVE for $68.75 per ticket (+ $7.50 in fees) by following directions below.
    1. Click here
    2. Click "Reserve Tickets Online"
    3. Choose your date and showtime
    4. In the "Look for Tickets" box, choose your quantity of seats from the dropdown titled "Social Media Social Media." Then click the "Find Seats" button next to "Adult," which is the first seating category (you should see the discounted ticket price of $68.75 under the normal price of $165).
    5. Checkout & Enjoy the show!

8. I remember someone the other night saying they needed to upgrade their old pc. This is decent, although I'm not a fan of HP.

HP Pavilion Elite 510t Desktop: Core i7-2600 Quad Core 3.4GHz, 6GB DDR3, 2x 500GB HDD, 1GB GeForce 405, Blu-ray Drive & DVD Burner, Win 7 Prem $700 + Free Shipping

HP has their HP Pavilion Elite HPE-510t Desktop on sale for $900 - $200 code DT1314 = $700 with free shipping.

Specs

• Intel Core i7-2600 Quad-Core
    • 6GB DDR3
    • 1TB RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA HDDs)
    • 1GB NVIDIA GeForce 405 w/ HDMI
    • LightScribe DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
    • Blu-ray player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • More specs...

[​IMG]

9. Cedwyn Banned

Looking to get a new tv, anyone know of good deals available in Canada? Also any recommendations on what to get (not too expensive, plasma, lcd, led)?

10. what size, and budget do you have

11. Cedwyn Banned

I'm thinking around $1000-$1500 (max), so ideally a deal where a TV has been discounted :p Size not sure, big?

12. Xenogrant[Combine] Active Member

I'd recommend not getting a plasma, buddy bought top of the line panasonic plasma for 6grand, 2 or 3 years ago, now where the black bars go for cinema format, he now has permanent burn in, only seen on black or white, but it's still there nonetheless.

Last time I boned up for tv's, LED was more gimmicky than LCD, so you can get a good LCD for not too much since everyone is hyping LED, Samsung 610/630/650 were the sweetspot of price vs quality (there are different pannels for them, some better than others but I'd recommend against looking into it or you'll be on a wild goose chase like me for a year), Sharp aquas havenow caught up and overtaken samsung, or neck in neck with them.

You can score a 46inch 610 or 630 model for under or around a grand. 650 has a highly reflective screen, so if it's not going into a basement, beware.

13. alright, it'll likely take a week or less for a good deal to come up - I'll post here when it does

14. Does Amazon ship to Canada? Did you want a 3D tv? I think I'd wait till the 2nd or 3rd gen 3D tv's personally.

Toshiba 55" 240Hz 1080p 3D LCD HDTV bundle with Blu-ray player and 3D glasses for $1,500

Toshiba 55" 240Hz 1080p Widescreen 3D LED-Backlit LCD HD Television with the Toshiba BDX3000 3D-Ready Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player and two pairs of Toshiba 3D Glasses (Add all four items to your cart to see this discount at final checkout; note that the glasses are a single pair, and you will need to add them twice.)

Store: Amazon.com
    Price: $1,499.98 with free shipping

15. Palebrew Inactive Elder

Had a steam friend gift this to me out of the blue, maybe I should buy the dlc at that price.

16. I know we have some crazy star wars fans, here you go!

Star Wars Luke Skywalker Ceremonial Jacket with Medal of Yavin
    50% link [amazon.com]

You'll feel like the hero of the day wearing this officially licensed ceremonial jacket, just like the one Luke Skywalker wore when he accepted the Medal of Yavin ofter blowing up the Death Star in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

This jacket is an exact replica of the one stored in the Lucasfilm archives that was used in the film, and it even comes with a replica Medal of Yavin!

$132 M ,$148 L, $165 XL

**Just in case you're wondering what it might look like ON:

vid [youtube.com]

[​IMG]

17. Palebrew Inactive Elder

5.0 out of 5 stars It felt as if Luke touched me somehow when I wore this jacket., April 21, 2011

This review is from: Officially Licensed Star Wars Luke Skywalker Ceremonial Jacket with Medal Of Yavin (M) (Toy)

"The first time I put on this jacket, I was able to move objects and "persuade" people with my Jedi mind powers. Then one night, I took it off because my girlfriend didn't want to make love while I wore this jacket. And the next day when I put this jacket back on, my powers were gone. The ability to move my lightsaber from here to there, and the ability to convince women that I was their only "hope", all of that GONE.

Now I don't know who to be mad at more. Myself for listening to my girlfriend just so I could get an incredible night of passion. Or my girlfriend for having the audacity to ask me to remove my Luke Skywalker jacket. I guess that was a once in a lifetime opportunity to have Jedi mind powers. Never again, never again am I trading in mind powers just for a steady girlfriend who knows how to do things other girls don't."

18. Cisco Linksys E2000 Wireless N Dual Band (not simultaneous) 4-Port Gigabit Router DD-WRT/Tomato Compatible
    $34 + Free Shipping
    (refurbished)

Cisco Store has Cisco Linksys E2000 Wireless N Dual Band (not simultaneous) 4-Port Gigabit Router DD-WRT/Tomato Compatible (refurbished) for $40 - 15% off code TBHSRM15 = $34 with free shipping.

[​IMG]

19. Perfect timing! I needed a new router. Current one is crapping out on me, but to be fair.. it is about six years old (maybe more). Thank you!