Status of Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Star Citizen' started by Chaotix, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Chaotix Warlord

While the release of SC is still far off I do want to keep this game on your radar. For those not up to speed SC is in alpha with multiplayer pvp mini games, racing and limited pve. SC at launch will go live with full scale pvp and pve options. Some of you also may not be aware SC will also offer planetside game play as well.

Here's a link giving some perspective on what in game footage planetside would look like

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2014/10/13/heres-an-early-look-at-star-citizens-planetside-gameplay/

Here's a link for racing

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2014/09/12/you-can-race-your-star-citizen-spaceship-today/

2. Ren Elder

I found a direct link to that video, what they are calling the Persistent Universe Demo. They have made amazing progress from all appearances!

3. Stoneheart Member

This will either be the greatest game of the century or a complete and utter mess. I really hope it succeeds, but they just keep promising more and I am not sure they can deliver on all of those promises.

Anyone buy the Black Friday special destroyer?

4. Chaotix Warlord

There is no question they are promising alot but if they even pull off half of what they are talking about it would be pretty amazing.

5. Ren Elder

If Chris Roberts can't make a compelling game with complete artistic freedom and an unprecedented war chest, I have little hope that there will ever be a decent game ever made again.

LaMagra likes this.
  6. Zaltex Lord

I might have to agree with Ren. I spent a TON of time playing both Wing Commander and Freelancer and this game is easily the love child of both and then that game somehow mated with x-wing/tie-fighter baby and then went Super Saiyan and turned into a massive MMO.

The Combat Space Sim portion alone could be worth it
    The First Person Shooter alone could be worth it
    The Commerce Space Sim portion alone could be worth it

All this = Decent shot of success somewhere

7. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

<3 Wing Commander

8. Leshil Warlord

I hope this game comes through in a big way.