Steam Machine & Accessories Options Coming November 2015

Discussion in 'LotD Merchandise/Hot Deals/Sweet Gear' started by El Topo, Mar 6, 2015.

1. El Topo Lord

Link HERE

With over 15 companies working on their own Steam Machine, and more to follow hopefully pricing will get competitive. Especially when it comes to Steam sales, but I wouldn't expect that to happen within the first year.

Right now I think its a hard sell when u can make your own HTPC at a lower price. The difference between a HTPC and a Steam Machine would be the included apps that make the Steam living room experience more seamless and enjoyable.

I'm more interested in the Steam Controller and VR Headset, but I'd wait for reviews on all these things before I put my money down.

2. Jbigg Jay Biguos

Oh they made their own VR, cool.

3. El Topo Lord

4. El Topo Lord

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  5. El Topo Lord

The results for most of the Steam Machines are in and it looks like the Syber Steam Machines are the best ones. However it looks like some of the 15 companies making Steam Machines have discontinued their version already. The 3 companies that have been promoting the Steam Machine are Syber, Maingear, and Zotac. It is still better to make your own Steam Machine.

We will see if the Steam Machine lives long enough to have a second generation. Also Steam OS kills fps in games.

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/steam-machines