Strife

Discussion in 'MOBA Discussions' started by Iceembaby, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Iceembaby Member

Announced today from the developers of HoN is a new MOBA called Strife
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/12/strife-takes-aim-at-dota-2-and-lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lake Warlord

A very fun MOBA with potiental to be pretty competitive.

3. Likort Destroyer of Forum Trolls

S2 Games started out well with HoN, it was very true to DotA and the few unique heroes that were different were actually quite enjoyable. They also had amazing spectator/replay technology, much earlier than the competition. Then the freemium model with early access heroes etc kicked in, OP during early access, nerfed to normal when available for everyone, and that was the end. That and splitting up the community by selling South Korean (done well) and South American (done terrible) rights.

Sounds already like a show stopper to me. The same model, probably an idea from Funcom, destroyed Stunlock Studio's Bloodline Champions.

Heh, DotA and Dota2 never did that anyway.

Anyway, you can sign up here: http://strife.com/

4. Mange Lord

Might have an extra beta key or two for this game, a friend sniped it off a stream or something lol I got in myself. Pretty fun game I must admit.

5. Lake Warlord

This is something I am looking toward playing for the future.

6. Lake Warlord

I've gotten the support/green light to stream Strife from S2Games. They have supported me with keys and my old buddies are getting me added to strife HQ. Pretty excited to play this game as a full 5

7. Iceembaby Member

The champion/hero Rook has made me interested in this game, his kit is a mish mash of crazy stuff. A Hook, Zhonyas and Ashe Ult on top of that an attack speed steroid.

8. Iceembaby Member

My friends and I got in this beta pretty quickly compared to other games.

Add me ingame if you like Iceembaby

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  9. Likort Destroyer of Forum Trolls

Watching the stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/exzear

25 more viewers and he's giving out keys

Seems alright so far, despite the art style and ui being very LoL inspired, ewww....

10. Lake Warlord

I would like to start a team to play in the Strife HQ tournament. I think we would do well vs the current competition

11. Lake Warlord

12. Likort Destroyer of Forum Trolls

13. Lake Warlord

Are You Prepared for
    The Coming Trials?

Strife is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) where two 5-player teams will engage each other inepic combat. Each unique match will grow you from a new recruit in the Army of Light to an experienced and hardened arena veteran.

Enter the Next Generation
    of MOBAs

Strife was created from the ground up to eliminate many frustrating elements common to the genre. It's a MOBA that is much easier to get into and have fun while still keeping a high skill ceiling that experienced players enjoy.
    Enter the Next Generation
    of MOBAs

Strife was created from the ground up to eliminate many frustrating elements common to the genre. It's a MOBA that is much easier to get into and have fun while still keeping a high skill ceiling that experienced players enjoy.

Choose Your Sidekick...
    Pets Enter the Arena!
    Pets are a new feature to MOBAs. Each pet has a special ability that will help you fight in the arena. At the end of each match, players receive food that can be spent toward evolving your pet into his or her ultimate form!

Craft and Enchant Your Items!

Crafting allows you to change the components of items and customize the items' effects.

Glyph likes this.
  14. Glyph Forum Failure

How does this game play? The thread has seemed to die off, is there any LotD group consistently playing a moba?

15. Jbigg Jay Biguos

I don't think anyone has played it aparently they were doing a big overhaul after the first iteration was failing.

I think @Lake was the major push for this game orginally.
    He could give the best comparison on how this compares to the more major ones.

16. Glyph Forum Failure

Trying it out now, having some fun lol.

17. Iseng Warlord

I picked it up, Monkysrevenge is the handle. So far so good

Glyph likes this.
  18. Glyph Forum Failure

I'm under Glyph, dragonwulf also playing with me. The games have been shorter then lol games which I like

19. Lake Warlord

Have fun. I washed my hands with the dev studio of Strife. I have bad blood with them and refuse to play that game.

20. Glyph Forum Failure

oh snap, they must have done something really bad then.