Suggestions for a new headset???

Discussion in 'LotD Merchandise/Hot Deals/Sweet Gear' started by Remec, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Remec Lord

Hi guys, my headset just broke, then i got mad and snapped it in two. Anyone have suggestion on a good one...that won't break?

2. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Lol.

Using a turtle beach z22 I think. Only available in the USA though. Gonna have to try eBay or beg someone from there. $80

3. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

Anything from Sennheiser I highly recommend.

Shay and I have been using some 595HD's for several years and I have nothing but good stuff to say about them.

Light but rigid construction, rich sound and you can buy replacement parts for a good price instead of breaking something and then throwing $100 away.

I love these for around the ear headphones and will probably never buy anything but Seenheisers in the future.

4. Lake Warlord

5. Ren Elder

I recently got the Audio-Technica 500x, which now discontinued (but still available in some locations) and looks to be replaced by the 700x. My criteria were great sound, large earpieces that do no pressure the ear, soft fabric, and loose fit. Typical headsets drive me nuts, and I'm very picky about comfort obviously! Audio-Technica are crazy comfortable. I was also considering the Sennheisers but they run smaller/tighter on the head, and most that I saw have vinyl fabric.

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AUD-ATHAD500X-Audiophile-Headphones/product-reviews/B009S333U4
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826402134

No boom mic, so get yourself a clip on mic (as recommened by Sanjo elsewhere). I got a 10' length of heat shrink tube and mated the cords.
    http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic...d_sim_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0P9ABAD03B25EMXQ5E0Y

Sanjo likes this.
  6. Thanks for the review on them @Ren - I see the brand go on sale around once a month and always wondered. If these sennheisers ever break, I'd be interested in trying those because of the comfort factor that you mentioned - would be hard pressed to find something that I like better than the 585's that we have, but I'd give em a try!

7. El Topo Lord

I suggest u get audiophile headphones as they are normally better quality, and have a better sound stage than the 5.1 gimmick headsets out there.

I'm personally upgrading myself from a Sennheiser PC360 Headset to a Philips Fidelio X2 Headphones with a V-Moda BoomPro Mic. Not only because the Philips is the best headphone in its price range for gaming, and everything else, but also because its easy to drive, and V-Moda BoomPro fits perfectly with it. The V-Moda BoomPro is also the best addon Mic u get get next to the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Mic. The Antlion Mod Mic are good, but a bit cheaper in sound quality. However their advantage is u can place them on any headphones u want. I'll also be buying the new Creative Sound Blaster X7 AMP/DAC at a later point.

Here is some helpful guides and reviews to make the decision a lot easier:
    Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide

Microphone Reviews:
    Antlion ModMic 4.0 Video Revie One / Two / Three
    V-Moda BoomPro Microphone Video Review
    Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Headphone and Mic Video Review

General Help Videos:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  8. Ren Elder

Glad to see the Audia-Technica ATH-AD500x make the cut in the video review linked by El Topo above. Guess what -noted for their positional audio clarity and comfort!

9. El Topo Lord

Mad Lust Envy's guide is really the best reference for headphones when paired with the above videos. The ATH-AD500x are good, but u got to remember its really only for competitive gaming. They are also on sale on Amazon for $61 to $78 right now.

Here is the best headphones in brief:

More Competitive Headphones
    More Balanced Headphones
    The Philips Fidelio X2 is better than the X1, and is probably one of the most balanced headphones out there. Its very competitive against headphones 3x the cost. I asked Envy for his score, but he hasn't had a chance to write a review. However he did tell me it will be his new main headphone. Most likely the score is Fun 8.75, Competitive 8.5, Comfort 9. Thus the reason its my next headphone. Unfortunately it only just came out, and hasn't gone on sale, so you are petty much buying it at full price. It has the nice option of being able to add a good mic without compromising sound or comfort.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014